This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL100: AA push preflop from SB first in

Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $28.34

0.50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , A:diamond:
      5 folds, Hero bets to $32.78 (All-In), BB folds.

Final Pot: $33.78

I'm wondering if such a play can sometimes prove it's usefullness. If we assume this BB being loose and suspicious a bit we can get a call in like one in five cases in which we have him probably dominated (Ax or lower pairs). This is quite a lot and I suspect it's profitable.

But I would like to hear your opinion.

Position_Stack:
      hands/vp$ip/pfr/af/wts/ats/foldbb/w$sd;
      BB$28.34:17/41/29/5.0/17/25/33/0;
  • 3 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      I would make a normal raise here. You only have 17 hands here. If he is agressive enough he will very often re-raise you here, where you can push then.
      Bronze
      I guess you're right.

It was just spur of the moment after reading 'thinking in terms of expectations' in No Limit Hold'em - Theory and practise ;) . This is not the normal way I play of course...
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      It was just spur of the moment after reading 'thinking in terms of expectations' in No Limit Hold'em

it was about playing nuts on the river, as far as I recall) When there are 5 community cards on the board, its getting a bit different.
      He will be calling very tight here, so I don`t think Pcall x whole stack will lead to the highest EV here.