This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Jj 24.11

• UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      Pacific Poker - $0.20 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

LP: $24.57
      CO: $41.39
      BTN: $24.69
      Hero (SB): $25.83
      BB: $29.12
      UTG: $20.00
      UTG+1: $26.70
      MP: $19.19
      MP+1: $9.75

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero has J:club: J:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.70, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.60, fold

Flop: ($1.60, 2 players) 9:diamond: T:heart: 8:spade:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.00, 2 players) 2:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $3.00, fold

What do u think about this hand? In my opinion I played it correct. Not much to do. On the flop I decided to just call because I didn't see many hands which fold on this board. He opens from utg, he is tight player so I don't think so RR would have been great idea. He could have QQ+, TT, 99, 88. By rr on the flop I isolates myself from better hand. I would force bluffs to fold. On the turn... I think that I chose the best play- fold.
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would likely take another line. You have 10 outs against KK/AA, so you can b/c flop with overpair+oesd even if he decides to raise your lead. Also protect your hand AK/AQ/AJ. And he may raise pf sometimes also with ATs that he would also call.
      So I´d bet out twice for value and then decide on the river. Against loose player I´d go 3 streets for value even if turn and river were blanks. He has enough pair+draw type hands that he can call me down.

As played: I´d keep him honest and c/c turn. Even if I´m not ahead I have plenty of outs and it isn´t unreasonable to think that some players might barrel there twice with their draws (smt like TJs, AJs)

Best regards,
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Well, obviously we can never-ever go here for 3 streets value. :D It's just pure spew. Either way we play like you did, since on the turn you don't get your implied odds anymore, he isn't barreling into you with air/draws or anything similar. According his CB he will definitely have a made hand there and rather stronger than you. So I'd play either as you did.

Or another option would be to donk the flop with our overpair+OESD while his CB is only 46% which makes him think that he is towards Checking behind very often. He wont raise us anyways that often.

Best Regards.