Hero (SB): $25.83
      BB: $29.12
      UTG: $20.00
      UTG+1: $26.70
      MP: $19.19
      MP+1: $9.75

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero has J:club: J:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.70, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.60, fold

Flop: ($1.60, 2 players) 9:diamond: T:heart: 8:spade:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.00, 2 players) 2:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $3.00, fold

What do u think about this hand? In my opinion I played it correct. Not much to do. On the flop I decided to just call because I didn't see many hands which fold on this board. He opens from utg, he is tight player so I don't think so RR would have been great idea. He could have QQ+, TT, 99, 88. By rr on the flop I isolates myself from better hand. I would force bluffs to fold. On the turn... I think that I chose the best play- fold.
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20

I would likely take another line. You have 10 outs against KK/AA, so you can b/c flop with overpair+oesd even if he decides to raise your lead. Also protect your hand AK/AQ/AJ. And he may raise pf sometimes also with ATs that he would also call.
      So I´d bet out twice for value and then decide on the river. Against loose player I´d go 3 streets for value even if turn and river were blanks. He has enough pair+draw type hands that he can call me down.

As played: I´d keep him honest and c/c turn. Even if I´m not ahead I have plenty of outs and it isn´t unreasonable to think that some players might barrel there twice with their draws (smt like TJs, AJs)

Best regards,
    • veriz
      Hello BGawli,

Well, obviously we can never-ever go here for 3 streets value. :D It's just pure spew. Either way we play like you did, since on the turn you don't get your implied odds anymore, he isn't barreling into you with air/draws or anything similar. According his CB he will definitely have a made hand there and rather stronger than you. So I'd play either as you did.

Or another option would be to donk the flop with our overpair+OESD while his CB is only 46% which makes him think that he is towards Checking behind very often. He wont raise us anyways that often.

Best Regards.