get a reraise,AK shove is wrong!why?

• wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze
      this a quiz:
      Question 2.1.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, K.
      UTG calls t40, 3 folds, Hero raises to t160, 4 folds, CO calls t160, BB calls t120, UTG raises to t1000, Hero?
      How do you react?
      Fold (2 Points)
      Call (0 Points)
      Push All-in (0 Points)

Your answer Push All-in (0 Points)

in my opinion:after bet with AK there is a reraise,hero should shove!

but here shove is wrong!why?
  • 9 replies
    • wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze
      by the way,standard answer is:

We have invested 160 chips so far and gotten plenty of action. We don't know if UTG might hold Aces or Kings or even one of the players behind us tried to be tricky and has a monster like this, too. We don't want to burn our fingers in this spot, making it an easy fold. Holding Queens would make this spot look very different and we would be facing a tough decision.
    • UTGDog
      UTGDog
      Bronze
      What was just described is most certainly a trap set up by a deceptive UTG player. by flatting the initial round, he invites action. Hero abliges. Then you get two callers behind you. Now, UTG can put the pressure on like he wanted by sticking more of his stack in the middle preflop and let the cards dictate the winner. This indicates to me that he has AA, possibly KK (but unlikely since KK should raise out any weak A-rag opponent from calling on the button or the blinds before the action got to Hero).

Also anyone entering the pot UTG should be presumed to hold a better-than-average hand in most situations. That being said this is a classic situation of stepping in a big pile of poo. My advice? STOP!, wipe it off, and avoid falling in it face first.
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      assuming 1500 starting stacks, his raise to 1000 is the same as an all in. In a sng its always a fold. wait for better spots, remember ever against 22 you are racing so its always a fold and wait for clearer spots. Although at micros you often see people shoving AQ,AJ in or ace rag, so unless they have shoved every hand you cant justify a call.
    • wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze
      thanks!can I understand it like this:in early game there is no need to call push with AK.I can wait for better opportunities!

ace rag means?
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      You need about 55% equity to call an all in at the start of an sng

AKs vs AK+,JJ+ 42.77%
      AKs vs AJ+,99+ 55.53%
      AKo vs AJ+,99+ 53.28%

So if your AK is suited and he can push at least as wide AJ+,99+ call
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wangwei520
      thanks!can I understand it like this:in early game there is no need to call push with AK.I can wait for better opportunities!

ace rag means?
      Usually mean the low Ax, A6 A2 and the like
    • wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze
      thank you very much!
      Can i understand you like this:
      opponent may be have best made hand!
      it is a trap
    • wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze
      thanks,I dont know how to get this equity
    • DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wangwei520
      thanks,I dont know how to get this equity
      I assume elhh82 used the software ICM Explorer by Douglas Zare aka "pzhon" .. Here is the link to his webiste for more info.http://www.icmexplorer.com/