omg

• 9 replies
    • xlesleyx
      xlesleyx
      Bronze
      its so bad 24 games no cash every single thing is going tits up my br is evaporating and i cant stop playing.Im doing everything exactly the same as always but nothings working some of the calls im receiving are ridiculous at best.RAAAAAAGGGEEEE
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Not that it's helpful...but i asume you havn't played that many S&G's life time...35BI downswing + Not cashing in 25 consecutive S&G's is pretty common, spesh if we're talking 27/45seaters+
    • xlesleyx
      xlesleyx
      Bronze
      jst busted my acount
    • xlesleyx
      xlesleyx
      Bronze
      46 games 2 3rd positions is not standard
    • xlesleyx
      xlesleyx
      Bronze
      played 4k tournies never had a run like that in my life.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by xlesleyxIm doing everything exactly the same as always but nothings working
      If you hit a run of "bad luck", you need to examine why.
      If you continue to do things the same way, you should expect the same results.
      Perhaps that initial upswing was the anomaly.

Examine every one of those games for mistakes.
      If you find 'em change 'em.

Examine yourself:
      Are you:
        Tired
        Upset
        Playing above your limit

If any of the above, change that.
      Go back to the articles, and re-read them all.
      Take a few days off.
      Get some exercise.
      Get some sleep.

Good luck.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xlesleyx
      played 4k tournies never had a run like that in my life.
      is this stt or sngmtt?
    • xlesleyx
      xlesleyx
      Bronze
      @Heffron89:The games are sng 9 max turbos on stars.

@VorpalF2F:I was playing within my limit but it was my first games at $3.50 having just jumped from $1.50 where i was running good :P usual story i know.So in preparation for my first day grinding i had a good sleep,shower and food before i started, i like to have a pre game routine to zone in.I was really happy to be moving forward on the $3.50.

I should of thrown in the towel at a certain point (stop loss) but hey im still an average HUMAN poker player which apparently for me means that i cannot control my urges to carry on playing even though im in a really bad place mentally.

I feel that so far in learning and improving at poker my biggest problem is controlling the one thing i should be fully in control of MY BRAIN.

I have calmed down now though and in reflection the things i was telling myself at the time to convince myself to carry on playing were a joke and completly untrue :P :P (i dont usually talk to myself just in moments of extreme crisis kinda like john mcClane from die hard :P )

I had jst got over a downswing with a 56 bi ev difference and then had 200 games of run good which propelled me into the threes thought nothing could go wrong and i was really excited so when it all went wrong i felt extremly annoyed at
      A: The fact it is happenning so close to my last extreme downswing
      B: It was happening as soon as i try my first ever limit jump
      C: It was happening to me :f_cry: :P

I am going to review in depth the session and laugh at myself probably with all the frantic/desperate fish moves i was pulling.I am hoping that this experience will help me in the long run to deal with my tilt resistance and my pkr mindset.And i suppose i should be happy i am learning this realtively hard lesson at a low limit and that i did not run good till the $7 where i think i would of been in a seriously bad place mentally if i lost that amount of money in one session :s_biggrin:

So on an optimistic note ill sign out.
      ONWARDS AND UPWARDS
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      OMFG