the quiz:TPTK met check raise

• wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze
      Question 2.2.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, K.
      UTG calls t40, 3 folds, Hero raises to t160, 4 folds, CO calls t160, BB calls t120, UTG calls t120.

Flop: (t660) 6, T, 4 (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: (t660) K (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets t420, CO calls t420, 1 folds, UTG raises to t1000, Hero?

How do you react?
      Fold
      Call
      Push All-in

what is your choose?and why?
  • 3 replies
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      When you post these examples it would be vital to show suits as well. Is it rainbow flop or are all the cards of same suit or...? Any sort of info on villains or are they considered as unknown?

If UTG is decent player I would assume he has hero beat always and hero is likely drawing dead (if without flush draw). Versus some fishy villains it would still be ok to shove. No point to just call beside maybe situation where we already have nut flush.
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      We are at the beginning of a $22 "Sit and Go" tournament. Unfortunately, our table selection didn't work out as it should have and we have quite a few good regular players like UTG, MP1 and CO at our table. All other players are pretty bad, just like the most at this limit. We haven't noticed anything specific about the players yet, but it we have seen a lot of preflop calls.

Initial position:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t40 (10 handed)

Hero (t2000)
      MP3 (t1960)
      CO (t2300)
      Button (t1980)
      SB (t1880)
      BB (t1880)
      UTG (t2000)
      UTG+1 (t2000)
      UTG+2 (t2000)
      MP1 (t2000)

Question 2.2.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, K.
      UTG calls t40, 3 folds, Hero raises to t160, 4 folds, CO calls t160, BB calls t120, UTG calls t120.

Flop: (t660) 6, T, 4 (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: (t660) K (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets t420, CO calls t420, 1 folds, UTG raises to t1000, Hero?
      I took the liberty of quoting the quiz because without the informations given it's useless to argue about it because we're never going to be in a game where we doesn't even know what we're playing.

I can't really see myself not c-betting the flop especially after 2 checks because c-beting the flop would gave us info either way, but whatever.

UTG's not going to bluff us here because we're representing a K and it's a 4-way pot. So I think he has a set because 2 pairs wouldn't make sense as I think he wouldn't openlimped with hands like KT or T6.
      I admit in the heat of the action I'd be tempted to shove because I'm a fish but really, I think it should be a fold. Also, I think we can all agree that calling is the worse as we'd go broke on the river anyway.
      Another reason for folding is that the blinds are low and we'd still have a healthy stack.

On a side note, the quiz says that we know that UTG is a "good regular" so we must have reads about him if we know he's a reg, so if he's limping with low pocket pairs or monsters we should already know about that, or we just suck at making notes and in that case utg might not even be a good reg :D
    • CollinMoshman
      CollinMoshman
      Coach
      Coach
      I'm fine checking missed overcards with 4 to the flop. As played in this hand at the turn I would fold. I know very few regs who are c/r bluffing in this spot or value c/r'ing worse than AK. UTG shows up with 44 or 66 a ton here, too much to continue with the hand IMO despite how much is in the middle.