UTG: $17.60
      UTG+1: $22.00
      MP: $13.03
      Hero (MP+1): $20.00
      LP: $20.93
      CO: $52.08

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero has A:spade: A:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.60, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.80, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $1.20

Flop: ($3.90, 2 players) T:diamond: K:spade: A:club:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $3.15, UTG calls $3.15

Turn: ($10.20, 2 players) J:club:
      UTG bets $10.20, fold

UTG wins $9.69

Player unknown.
      Hmmm... In my opinion it was hard to call it. I was in very bad shape. I couldn't have called it. After the hand opp said that he had 72o... was it possible that player like him is able to play great bluffs? or maybe he wanted to force me to tilt :P
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Well, I doubt that he had 72o. :D Raising UTG, calling a 3bet? Nah! According the chat I'd rather say he had the Qx. But the question is if we really can fold here? How would he play his Qx here?

Most likely while he even may have TT-KK in his range then I doubt that I'd get away here. We need ~38% equity here to make it profitable. If we expect him even to have also worse sets:

Board: T:diamond: K:spade: A:club:  J:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    57.65%  54.14%   3.51% { KK-TT, AQs, KQs, QJs, AQo, KQo }
      UTG+1  42.35%  38.84%   3.51% { AdAs }

We are even getting the equity, although I didn't put any other crap into his range like bluffs sometimes. Since still his line doesn't make that much of sense. Sometimes he will come up with straight there and overplayed and badly played straight of course. But at the same time against some opponents we could ask ourselves would he really donk with straight there?

But of course folding isn't wrong, we haven't invested much into the pot anyways and ihs line could easily be even Qx hand. People just get so fancy sometimes and can't hold back their Bet. :D Especially that comes in handy in live play when you see people doing almost the same things, exactly when they hit the nuts.

Best Regards.