$5,59
      BB:
      $0,89
      MP1:
      $1,15
      Hero:
      $1,97

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:heart: , J:diamond:
      MP1 calls $0,02, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0,10, SB calls $0,09, BB raises to $0,89 (All-In), MP1 folds, Hero calls $0,79, SB calls $0,79.

Flop: ($2,69) K:spade: , Q:heart: , T:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2,69) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2,69) 3:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2,69

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Jh Jd)
      SB shows (8s 7s)
      BB shows a pair of queens (Ad Qd)

BB wins with a pair of queens (Ad Qd)
  • 2 replies
    • UTGDog
      UTGDog
      Bronze
      Pretty clear cut here I would think. I like the raise to .10 preflop on the button. After that I think the hand just wasn't played properly. I realize that $0.89 doesn't seem like much to call, but you must remember that you are sitting at a $0.01/$0.02 table which equates to 45 BB on the shove. Pretty good indication that, best case scenario, you are up against two overcards. Your mistake was when you decided to make the loose call by overvaluing your pocket pair. Any hand worse than KK is an insta-fold here in my opinion. You need to avoid these coin flip situations when you are only a slight favorite. This sort of call is only a breakeven play over the long term which doesn't make the call a profitable one.

Try making these decisions by viewing the $ amount objectively. Viewing your decisions in relation to the BB value is a much better way to decide on these types of situations.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello sebsejr,

With hands like KK/AA you can easily flat. Although against another opponents who are capable flatting as well after us while even being really loose I'd prefer rather to just ship it preflop vs the BB stack.

Best Regards.