[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH 22 from UTG everybody calls

• foolboydesire
      I raise from UTG and everybody calls, i guess they just don't respect me at all :D anyway

Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 2:spade: , 2:club:
      Hero raises to $0,40, MP3 calls $0,40, CO calls $0,40, BU calls $0,40, SB calls $0,35, BB calls $0,30.

Flop: ($2,40) K:spade: , T:diamond: , 2:heart: (6 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1,6, 3 folds, SB calls $1,60, BB folds.

Turn: ($5,60) 5:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3,54, SB raises to $21,01 (All-In), Hero calls $5,14 (All-In).

slowplay or just go for it like I did? betting like that into 5 opponents shows a lot of strength, but also someone should have hit something and even protection is needed in this multi multi way pot :D
  • 2 replies
    • UTGDog
      I would have played it in much the same way. Judging by the field of players going to the flop, you should assume someone has connected with the board in some way or picked up a draw. Also, since you were the preflop raiser, by betting your set on the flop into that many players, it may seem strong, but some players may also call with weaker hands trying to catch up. They could also just view it as a c-bet hoping to steal the pot away. That many callers preflop, they must not see you as a threat, so I would hammer those strong hands all day long against skeptical opponents.
    • veriz
      Hello foolboydesire,

Well, I really doubt that we can get away here while the guy could as well even have just Kx hands. Neither he doesn't look like a really solid player either. Nice hand!

Best Regards.