$2.05
      MP3:
      $2.1
      CO:
      $1.87
      BU:
      $2.04

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q:spade: , J:heart:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.07, MP1 calls $0.07, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.07, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.24) A:diamond: , J:spade: , T:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.1, MP1 folds, MP3 raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.84) J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.4, Hero calls $0.40.

River: ($1.64) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.78, MP3 raises to $1.33 (All-In), Hero calls $0.55.

Final Pot: $4.30

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Qs Jh)
      MP3 shows a full-house, tens full of jacks (Ts Tc)

MP3 wins with a full-house, tens full of jacks (Ts Tc)

Please someone validate my decision or condemn it. How could I have avoided this loss? Seemed like the right way to play it at the time. Had my opponent on a hand such as AK (due to preflop call and post flop reraise).
  • 2 replies
    • foolboydesire
      foolboydesire
      Bronze
      I'd say bet the flop bigger (3/4 - pot size), because the board allows many draws, and with a min bet you simply do not represent much of a hand. and if you get raised best would be to fold it right there, you can already be way behind and drawing dead, hands like KQ, KJ, JT, TT, Ax are very possible and all beat you
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello UTGDog,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Mistake #1: Why do you open-raise from UTG with QJo?
      Mistake #2: Why do you CBet so small? Standard would be ~3/4 or something similar and protect your hand if we want to CB at all.
      Mistake #3: Why do you Call against the raise? You should rather consider folding the hand, so Bet/Fold the flop.
      Mistake #4: And of course as we continue, even a draw completes and stuff, I just don't see much what we beat, most likely I'd just give it up on the turn, we can't even count our outs being clean there for FH.
      Mistake #5: Donking the river is just horrible and afterwards even feeling committed. What worse hands do you expect to see there which raise and you beat?

Best Regards.