[NL2-NL10] AKs NL4

• RDKNAUF91
      RDKNAUF91
      Bronze
      When Villain oppens in UTG i think this is good spot to flat call because if I 3bet he prob will fold hands that i dominate ...,and push with with better.

On Flop I think he Cbet 70% of time and i pretty often have the best hand here and if I hit a pair i prob have the best hand and on Turn i don't know how often he cbet air here and I get very nice odds. On River i decided to bet out small ,because i put him on under pair in best case and he would prob Check Ace High. But he's over bet totally shocked ?( ?( ?(

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,73
      MP2:
      $3,73

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , K:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $0,16, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,14, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,36) 6:heart: , 4:spade: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,17, Hero calls $0,17.

Turn: ($0,70) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,16, Hero calls $0,16.

River: ($1,02) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,2, MP2 raises to $3,24 (All-In), Hero calls $3,04.

Final Pot: $7,50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows a full-house, kings full of deuces (Kh Ks)
      Hero shows (Ad Kd)

MP2 wins with a full-house, kings full of deuces (Kh Ks)

What you think about my thinking process.Where I made mistake??????? really want know :)
  • 3 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi RDKNAUF91 this is an interesting hand. firstly im not sure about flat calling since you will be playing OOP on the flop and he isn't UTG so i think it is a pretty safe 3bet/fold. this would have saved you some money because he would almost always 4bet/shove with KK.

on the flop i guess it could be a good spot to float because the board doesn't hit many open raising hands and so i might be inclined to call his cbet and attempt to pick the pot up on the turn with a bet. the thing is, since you are first to act on the turn i think you really should have bet out here as a bluff. since he hasn't hit that board much (and the second 2 doesn't change anything) he should fold all non-made hands. if he doesn't fold, you can plan to check/fold the river if you don't get the opportunity to fold to a raise on the turn.

the river is interesting because even though you hit, i bet you felt uncomfortable about calling the shove. fair enough if you think you were going to get value from small pocket pairs, however i'm pretty sure it would have been a good fold to his shove. it is asking you to invest a hell of a lot for TPTK on a paired board against an unknown opponent and there are much better spots to get your money in imo.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RDKNAUF91,

Preflop: Well, I wouldn't say it's totally wrong to Call here. But usually being OOP it will be really hard to play the hand. Neither the opponent doesn't look really solid to get rid of his hands.

As played
      Flop: Well, as I said. I am not a huge fan of floating OOP. Most likely I'd just Check/Raise it right here or just fold the hand. But now again should be even Check/Raise against such a loose opponent where we even don't have many backdoors?

As played
      River: Well, if you are donking it then I'd still do it a bit bigger ~$0,60. As we get raised I just don't really see what kind of hands we beat there. Most likely he was even trapping there us and therefore I'd just Bet/Fold here. We most likely are beaten. Doubt that he would even shove like that with Kx.

Best Regards.
    • Alvan85
      Alvan85
      Bronze
      Hello!

Im going to try to answer without reading the other replies first.

I think I would raise preflop, not with AKo but definately with AKs.
      If we hit the flop, either with A or with K or with a flushdraw, what better hands could he have? For A, only AA and for K only AA, KK.. so preflop I think we are ahead most of his range..

When flop comes and shows a flush draw in hearts (we cant really count the straight draw since he's unlikely to openraise 5-3 from UTG.)

Even though he c-bets alot I think this is a fold because we totally missed the flop and hes likely to hold a set or a flush draw.

So I guess thats where you did wrong.. and I dont see why you called turn either... you have 6 outs at best which means 7% chance to hit on the river.