Celebrating randomness a.k.a. PLO

• Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze

Hey hey,

Time for me to upload a picture of a banana, fire up my second blog and announce my comeback to poker.

Who am I: PLO spazzoid.
      What do I play: everything. I see the game I like - I join it and learn the rules as I go :f_grin:
      What to expect from this blog: spilled degenerate philosophy. I try to make sense most of the time but PLO variance really damaged my brain, so bear with me.

Used to be a regular micro PLO player, but got fed up with it, found a job, warped a family - boring stuff. After a while the PLO itch bit my ass and I had to return to poker. Was about to restart a blog but then FTP scandal dropped, flushing down my bankroll.

So there I was, depositing $5 ~3 weeks ago and restarting my poker career yet again :f_biggrin:
      Seriously thou, deposited 5 (five) dollars (enough for 2 tabling PLO2 SH + backup dollar :f_p: ). All went OK, now have $170. Sad thing is - HEM has a problem with Everest (or vice versa), meaning it does not track my MTT record for some reason.

Anyway, graph so far:

(It's in BB to make me look cooler)

Add to that 4th in Pokerstrategy $1K freeroll for $69 and 3rd in PLO FR $0.3K GTD for $50 and here I am.

Will continue to violate the BRM rules to make this blog more interesting and downswings more painful. Sadly cannot put in solid volume like I used to, but oh well...

I hope this blog will motivate me to produce some crazy plays just so I can copy/paste some sickness in this blog.

Oh, and... two more things:

- no bad beat hand histories ever in this blog;
      - no thread savers as you know it :f_biggrin:

My strategy in a nutshell:

- donk;
      - piss people off.

Optional goals:

- make money.
  • 18 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      First in what looks like is going to be the most epic blog!

[x] Subscribed

Best of luck, Jackalof!
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Jackalof,

Looks like a fantastic blog. Although its great to see that you have had an almost variance free ride so far, I would give some caution and make sure you understand the variance of PLO.

It is however an awesome game to be playing at the moment, even when I have $200 or so to spin up on a site, I sit at plo to try and hit two pair and double :D so I assume that with some good table selection there is a mountain of money to be made.

Keep the blog going.

Patrick.

p.s nice banana!
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Hi,

Subscribed.
      Gotta love your strategy and the "backup dollar". =)

Gl at the tables!
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      make sure you understand the variance of PLO.

One can only understand it through experiencing it :f_biggrin:

Decided to move $160 to PokerStars which has waaay more PLO MTTs/players in general. I am not tracked on Stars - bronze articles will have to do :f_grin:

Money left on Everest will be used to spew in $12 and $5.5 PLO MTTs. One is over already, here's what happened:

Stupid rundown, doesn't it realise I need it to win? Idiot.

Dilemma: want to move up stakes but also need dollar for real life junk and stuff. Should I just withdraw most of my BR and buy my wife the usual books and towels for X-mas? :f_p: or! should I donk some more, win more and buy more expensive towels? But what if I bust? Paper towels then? Or maybe play some high roller event, somehow ship it and buy towels with Superman insignia on it? Anyway, one thing is certain - towels seem to be a good present, correctly expressing my feelings.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      epic blog, really like your humour :) and that banana :facepalm:

so about wife and withdrawing your bankroll... its not good to play poker with the bankroll which you would need for real life stuff.. so maybe instead of moving up the stakes, move down and play on the safe side?

have you decided yet?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      epic blog, really like your humour :) and that banana :facepalm:

so about wife and withdrawing your bankroll... its not good to play poker with the bankroll which you would need for real life stuff.. so maybe instead of moving up the stakes, move down and play on the safe side?

have you decided yet?
      +1

I think it's very, very important to segregate your Poker funds from your RL funds as I feel it's a recipe for disaster.

I've often saved a few bucks here and there over time, rather than min depositing $10 bucks here and $10 bucks there.

Once you feel you have saved enough spare cash, then deposit it and use a good BRM structure to provide a nice safety net for your hard earned $$$

Hope this helps,
      Gary
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      It's not that this bankroll money is important to me. But when should you really withdraw money if you have a stable income from your job?
      I mean, playing poker is fun and all but I want to have something to show for it, too. Previously I used to play poker for a living because I was a lazy bum not looking for a job. So I just constantly withdrew for my everyday needs, using 100BI BRM.
      But now - what's the point of grinding? Maybe I should set some rules like: cross $500 line and withdraw some to buy a plush donkey with my name branded on it?

(will use it as an avatar one day)
      (no need to praise my photoshop skills - I know I'm good)

Anyway, thanx for the input IngridN and HollyMichelle. It was a bit disturbing thou. Explanation: I see you two reply to my thread and think - epic, getting girls' attention - Ingrid and Michelle. But then BAM - signed, Gary!? How on earth parents could name their daughter Gary? :( Maybe it's a boy? What a shocker! Prob a boy. Stacy or Lucas could go either way, but Gary... The name's Gary is like the manifestation of manhood - I can easily picture strong, hairy guy wielding a spiked club near his cave, guarding the women he just acquired from the opposing tribe....

To make this wall of text more interesting, will add this picture:

Here, fishy fishy....

Money still travelling from Everest to Moneybookers. I hope it won't run into some avalanche or mountain goat riot.

P.S. What do you mean "move down and play on the safe side"? This action would run into the following problems:

• Blog would become more boring because swings wouldn't hurt that much;
      • Lower than my current level is playmoney. You know the saying (just coined by me): no money in playmoney - everyone's an idiot;
      • Cannot think of other items - just enjoying the "list" function. So epic.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jackalof

Anyway, thanx for the input IngridN and HollyMichelle. It was a bit disturbing thou. Explanation: I see you two reply to my thread and think - epic, getting girls' attention - Ingrid and Michelle. But then BAM - signed, Gary!? How on earth parents could name their daughter Gary? :( Maybe it's a boy? What a shocker! Prob a boy. Stacy or Lucas could go either way, but Gary... The name's Gary is like the manifestation of manhood - I can easily picture strong, hairy guy wielding a spiked club near his cave, guarding the women he just acquired from the opposing tribe....
      ROFL!! :D :D :D :D

HollyMichelle is Gary's username and Holly is his daughter :)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hahahaha making me LOL so hard.

Gary is a club wielding brute, obviously :D :D :D

is this a blog? fuckit, another one added to my "to read list"

ps i dont say this to everyone i meet, but... nice donkey
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      and you're superfunny! :D :D
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Holy moley!

Thanks Ingrid for clearing this up.

Although the club wielding brute does have an appeal...

I'll get my coat!
    • dragan2171
      dragan2171
      Silver
      Originally posted by Jackalof

[*]Blog would become more boring because swings wouldn't hurt that much;
      Well , it was painful downswing with Michelle, (unfortunatelly for you, I am male too ),but still you have Ingrid.
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      I just wrote something here that I wanted to write somewhere else.

Anyway, hella funny blog! :D
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Holy moley!

No cursing ITT - lets keep it civilized, ok? :f_p:

Soooooooooooooo.......

Everest withdrawal was late, ergo was one day too late for Pokerstars Reload bonus. Still deposited and got the rare 'deposit punish' :f_p:

Couple of hands:

Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 6 players - View hand 1543586
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $10.31
      MP: $13.56
      CO: $13.40
      BTN: $3.64
      SB: $2.00
      BB: $5.35

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with 9 :spade: 7 :diamond: J :diamond: 8 :spade:
      Hero raises to $0.15, MP calls $0.15, CO raises to $0.67, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.23, 1 fold, CO calls $1.56

Flop: ($4.68) 3 :spade: 2 :heart: A :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.99, CO calls $3.99

Turn: ($12.66) 3 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.09 all in, CO folds

Final Pot: $12.66
      Hero mucks 9 :spade: 7 :diamond: J :diamond: 8 :spade:
      Hero wins $12.04
      (Rake: $0.62)

Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 5 players - View hand 1543587
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $4.44
      UTG: $5.49
      Hero (CO): $5.21
      BTN: $0.85
      SB: $2.77

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is CO with 3 :diamond: 5 :spade: 5 :diamond: 3 :heart:
      UTG calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.05, 1 fold, SB raises to $0.25, BB calls $0.20, UTG calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.00) 4 :heart: J :heart: A :club: (4 players)
      SB bets $0.12, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls $0.12

Turn: ($1.24) T :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.24) 9 :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB folds

Final Pot: $1.24
      Hero mucks 3 :diamond: 5 :spade: 5 :diamond: 3 :heart:
      Hero wins $1.19
      (Rake: $0.05)

After doing some in-depth analysis, I've come to a conclusion that my blog contains most facepalms per page! An achievemend I'm really proud of. And to prove I'm not planning to stop being awesome, I've registered for the Pokerstars Guiness Record MTT therefore my name will appear in the books...with other 199.999 players, but who cares about them, right? :f_cool:

Reminiscing my rant about 'what to do when I win loads of money'... everything is going perfect - gradually losing money ergo don't have to worry about withdrawals :f_p:
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze

[CENTER][SIZE=20]ROI = -100%[/SIZE][/CENTER]

PROBLEM?

• Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze

Failing to update due to frustration and lack of worth-posting material.

Switched to new PC ---yet again---, obviously too lazy to transfer HEM data. Who cares anyway :f_p:

PLO has been OK, somewhat swingey (big surprise, eh). Today' session (down 6BI, then up 5 BI, standard stuff :f_p: ):

MTT's, on the other hand, continue to be terrible. Never knew I was such a tournament donkey :f_p:

Today busted PLO MTT with quads vs rivered straight flush, epic stuff.

*** CHRISTMAS ***

OK so this evil holiday is coming, pressing me harder and harder to ship some tournament so I can buy something for relatives - thus proving I do care (and have money).
      Already spent most of my bankroll on Christmas tree and brain medication, so my only option is $1 MTT donkfests. So far so bad, but one day! One day! Some time soon, perhaps even before my retirement, I am gonna ship a donkament!

[x] Life goal set.
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Remember when you used to post these graphs... in dollars? :coolface:

P. S. Yes, I'm replying to my own blog.
    • mrxLT
      mrxLT
      Silver
      Epic blog on the 5th page?
      Busto? :)