[NL2-NL10] QQ on board with draw

• Alvan85
      Alvan85
      Bronze
      Hello!

Link to my locker room-thread:
      Alvan85

This hand puzzled me a bit after i had played it.
      When i did, i felt i acted very naturally and never doubted that I was ahead in the hand.. not until the river showed the third spade, but then I thought well he hasnt got kings since he checked turn (unless he wants to slowplay) and he hasnt got aces cause then he would have re-raised me preflop and/or post-flop so I guessed my queens were the nuts unless he has three of a kind or hit the flush..

But I figured I had to show agression because he would have been just as scared of that flush draw as me.

Id like to know if I played the hand correctly or not?
      The check on turn is arguable, but I wanted to get some kind of tell on how strong he was in the hand.. Maybe I should have bet for value there, i dont know.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $7.28
      CO:
      $6.95
      BU:
      $4.95
      SB (Hero):
      $4.38
      BB:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.15, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.45, BB folds, CO calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.95) 9, K, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, CO calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.35) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($2.35) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, CO calls $2.00.

Final Pot: $6.35.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(Q Q).
      CO shows a pair of jacks(J J).

Hero wins with a pair of queens(Q Q).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Alvan85,

Add to full stack if playing BSS.

Preflop: Against 3xBB raises I'd rather use bigger raise as well, so 4x his raise rather than give him great odds for set mining.

As played
      Postflop: Flop seems to be fine. Although I don't understand why do you almost pot the river? In his range is still even flush-draw there on flop and of course Kx hands. Did you turn your hand into bluff or? At the best we could consider Block-bet/Folding there like $1 if anything at all. But making it almost pot size is just horrible mistake, value-towning yourself.

Best Regards.