This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ on board with draw

• Alvan85
      Alvan85
      Bronze
      Hello!

Link to my locker room-thread:
      Alvan85

This hand puzzled me a bit after i had played it.
      When i did, i felt i acted very naturally and never doubted that I was ahead in the hand.. not until the river showed the third spade, but then I thought well he hasnt got kings since he checked turn (unless he wants to slowplay) and he hasnt got aces cause then he would have re-raised me preflop and/or post-flop so I guessed my queens were the nuts unless he has three of a kind or hit the flush..

But I figured I had to show agression because he would have been just as scared of that flush draw as me.

Id like to know if I played the hand correctly or not?
      The check on turn is arguable, but I wanted to get some kind of tell on how strong he was in the hand.. Maybe I should have bet for value there, i dont know.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $7.28
      CO:
      $6.95
      BU:
      $4.95
      SB (Hero):
      $4.38
      BB:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.15, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.45, BB folds, CO calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.95) 9, K, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, CO calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.35) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($2.35) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, CO calls $2.00.

Final Pot: $6.35.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(Q Q).
      CO shows a pair of jacks(J J).

Hero wins with a pair of queens(Q Q).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Alvan85,

Add to full stack if playing BSS.

Preflop: Against 3xBB raises I'd rather use bigger raise as well, so 4x his raise rather than give him great odds for set mining.

As played
      Postflop: Flop seems to be fine. Although I don't understand why do you almost pot the river? In his range is still even flush-draw there on flop and of course Kx hands. Did you turn your hand into bluff or? At the best we could consider Block-bet/Folding there like $1 if anything at all. But making it almost pot size is just horrible mistake, value-towning yourself.

Best Regards.