[NL2-NL10] ATo CO ROL

• Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      Pacific, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP2: $3.05 (152.5 bb)
      MP3: $0.53 (26.5 bb)
      Hero (CO): $0.80 (40 bb)
      BTN: $1.08 (54 bb)
      SB: $1.45 (72.5 bb)
      BB: $0.31 (15.5 bb)
      UTG+2: $2.13 (106.5 bb)
      MP1: $2 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T A
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BTN calls $0.08, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.27) J 2 6 (3 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.20, BTN folds, MP2 calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.67) 8 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.26, MP2 calls $0.26

River: ($1.19) 9 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks

Results: $1.19 pot ($0.07 rake)
      Final Board: J 2 6 8 9
      MP2 showed K 2 and won $1.12 ($0.58 net)
      Hero showed T A and lost (-$0.54 net)

I think i played this wrong but i dont really know. Was just wondering how i should of played it, if it was wrong.
  • 7 replies
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      This hand evaluation forum is alot less active then the BSS ones :( this post has been here 2 days :(
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vip3rNZ
      This hand evaluation forum is alot less active then the BSS ones :( this post has been here 2 days :(
      My apologies :(

My university has been catching me up a bit + I didn't recognized the increased forum traffic

My question to you regarding this hand is:
      Why do you bet the Turn? Is it for value or as a bluff? What does the SHC tell you?

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      I bet the turn as a bluff that was most likely as my mistake there. I'm not sure what SHC means, sorry. Could you please tell me?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I bet the turn as a bluff that was most likely as my mistake there. I'm not sure what SHC means, sorry. Could you please tell me?
      SHC is the Starting Hands Chart, the .pdf file where everything is explained :)

If you wan to bluff effectively you would have to bet bigger on this Turn. But do you think this Turncard helps you bluff more effectively? What does the strategy tells you mostly on the Turn when we have Trash?

When he calls your Flop cBet on J62r what is his most likely hand?

- Gerv
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      The starting hands chart says to fold if my c-bet is called and I have trash. I should of done that.

I don't think this turn card helps me bluff more effectively at all looking back at this, the way i played this hand feels really stupid.

I'd of thought his most likely hand to call with there is top pair followed by a set followed by 2 pair, i clearly wasn't thinking very hard at the time of this hand which I'm going to need to avoid in the future!

What hand would you put him on after his call of the C-bet?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      The starting hands chart says to fold if my c-bet is called and I have trash. I should of done that.

I don't think this turn card helps me bluff more effectively at all looking back at this, the way i played this hand feels really stupid.

I'd of thought his most likely hand to call with there is top pair followed by a set followed by 2 pair, i clearly wasn't thinking very hard at the time of this hand which I'm going to need to avoid in the future!

What hand would you put him on after his call of the C-bet?

Exactly , if you present this thought before you make any tun decisions, you will be well on your way to poker success :)

I give him Jx mostly and some floats but not enough floats to make a second barrel profitable

- Gerv
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      Thanks Gerv