[NL2-NL10] nl10 Trips on turn

• angalius
      angalius
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($17.04)
      BB ($7.55)
      Hero (UTG) ($11.44)
      UTG+1 ($8.78)
      MP1 ($6.98)
      MP2 ($10.70)
      CO ($3.85)
      Button ($10.38)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, J
      Hero bets $0.35, 5 folds, SB calls $0.30, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.05) 6, J, 10 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.70, SB calls $0.70, BB calls $0.70

Turn: ($3.15) J (3 players)
      SB bets $3.06, BB calls $3.06, Hero folds

So SB was a TAG (goldstar playing on 12 tables) and BB was unknown. I putted SB on fullhouse and BB on Jx. Was it a good fold or I missed a big opportunity ?
  • 2 replies
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      I would never fold a jack in this spot. 66 is the only hand what villian would have a fullhouse with, I don't se a better player playing JTo or JTs oop without being the preflop aggresor.

With other words I would call off one more street and re concider my options.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello angalius,

Any specific stats? VPIP/PFR/AF/WTSD/W$SD? If you might even have for example Call Open. All those stats would practically tell what kind of opponent he is, either he is capable of having there worse Jx hands or not. Or if he is rather such a player who usually has PPs only in his calling range. We can never exclude here any made FHs here which his play looks like even sometimes. Therefore the question is really what kind of outs are clean for us. We don't beat much here anyways, at the best we just can hope that he has something like QJ/KJ or maybe J9s or whatsoever hands.

As you said he is a TAG, in poker nowadays TAG could mean anything. Just with the words that he is tight-aggressive we can't really say much. Just that he has made hand on the turn and not any drawing hands or anything similar which is potting into multiway pot. Most likely folding could be the safest line where you haven't even invested much and you rarely will know even where you stand on the river. But of course Calling is another option depending on the range we put him on.

Best Regards.