This is a bussiness NOT a game --> A 180's blog by Perucao

• jperucao
      jperucao
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

My name is Jorge Teixeira, but everyone knows me by 'Perucao' (because of the big hair :D ). I'm 20 years old and i'm from Potugal, more specific from Espinho, the best city of Portugal.

Poker

I learn to play poker more and less 3 or 4years ago. I start playing in pkr. I really liked the software. I Played for play money than i descover the freerolls and start playing them. Never had a nice result. Sometimes i playd 4 and 5hours to win 2cents :s_cry: Stop playing for some time. More and less one year ago i saw an EPT on television. It was sponsored by pokerstars. Remember of playing again and made my first deposit of 10€ on pokerstars. They didn't last not even 1hour :s_cry: 3 or 4 days later a friend of me talked with me and tell me about pokerstrategy.com Came to hear and ask for my 50$ inicial bankroll. On the first i read one or two articles till i received my money. The problem is that when we receive the money we forget of continuing studying and that money only last for 3 or 4 days. Played everything i could find to play including 22$ MTT's :f_mad: Stop playing again till i heard talking about 2 great portuguese player RuiNF and Naza114. I thought that poker was a game of luck and the cards are the only important factor. After i saw they results i start thinking more abou the game. How was possible a guy winning 40+k$ per month? How is possible the same guy win 3 or 4MTT's per day?
      This things start rolling in my head and start thinking that maybe poker is more than luck and cards. Remeber of start seeing more and come again to pokerstrategy. after a will i found that poker is almost abou skill. except for MTT's that have a little of luck involved when we are short. After a while made my fist big deposit 50€. Start palying cash. But i forgot of a big important thing never be afected with tilt and the long run. This deposit didn't last for 1month.
      After this the mentoring project started apearing in the portuguese comunity and i aply to on of MTT. was a stacking+coaching project. In that project i won the 1.10$ 1000cap and the 2.50$ 180players. I know that this are little prizes but for me was a great thing. In the end i gave 150% profit to my coach and i stayed with 50$ for me. Nothing bad for who started with 0$. In the moment i play nl2 and have more and less 80$ bankroll. Right know i understand some poker concepts and thanks to dust schimdt and jared tendler i don't tilt so often and i understand some poker concepts.

Poker goals

My long term goals is to being a good regular of nl200 and more. I know that this is a long journey but with all of your help maybe i can get that goal. One more goal for the long run is to achieve black member status in this great school.
      My short term goals are:
      --> Get 200$ to move up to nl5
      --> Beat all NL's till nl25 without use HUD (I think that in this levels is more a destraction than a help)
      --> Finish the NL beginners Course
      --> Start posting more hands for evaluation

Hope i can get 200$ till the final of the year so i can get nl5 on the beginning of 2012.

About the title of the blog

I put this title on the blog for a tribute for our great coach and player dusty 'leatherass9' schmidt and also for Jared Tendler. Both of them help me a lot understading more this game. Thanks a lot both for all the good things that you both teached me.

Think that all.

Any question is just to ask

Jorge Perucao
  • 7 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      awesome goals! welcome to our blog section! you will meet many awesome members if you troll around here a little bit :)
    • jperucao
      jperucao
      Bronze
      today it was a really bad day :s_cry: :s_cry:

I'm up but had a lot of variance... I'm going to post hear the graph to you see. Played 1k hands afternoon and finish with 2.5bi's up. In the night lost it and stayed break even but my ev was 20$ up :s_cry: :s_cry:

Right now i'm going to finish the lesson 2 of the beginners course and tomorrow going to review some hands and post for evaluation some hands too ;)

If you want i leave hear the link to my locker room:

jperucao

Hear stays the graph of all day. Normally i only see the graph in the end of the month. But today was so bad that i want to see how i was going :s_mad: :s_mad:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tomorrow i'm going to post some hands and i leave hear the link to them.

Any question is just ask ;)

Perucao
    • jperucao
      jperucao
      Bronze
      hi guys,

going to make a little update to my blog.

Last month don't achieve anything. At the end of the month i had to stop because of university and just started this month. I was in stars but i found a program to ongame that changes the tables and makes the software lots easier to play. Ongame was a poker network that i always loved but i didn't like nothing of the software. But now it's my new room and hope to move up limits there.

Poker goals for December

1º--> Finish the NL Beginners Course (started last month and I'm going for lesson number 3.)
      2º--> Make more and less 40k to 50k hands so i can enter on the 50k rake hands frenzy.

Think thats all guys.

Anything is just to ask.

GL Perucao
    • jperucao
      jperucao
      Bronze
      hi guys,

i'm back again :P

i had a pause this month because i entered on an adventure of mtt's and sng's with a moderator of portuguese comunity. i really liked it but because of university i don't have time to continue with them.
      So i will continue with cash and at sundays i'm going to try to play some mtt's. i'm going to continue playing cash with the bank that i build with the mtt's and sng's. Its not to much so i'm going to play nl4 at partypoker. Hope to steel remember how to play cash :D

Goals for February

1º--> In portugese comunity we are going to have a gold NL course. I'm written on the course but to participate i most to be gold. I have till 15th of february to get gold. So This is a short term goal: Be gold till 15th of february

2º--> I never finish the NL beginners course so i'm going to try to finish it till the other course stars. Finish the NL Beginners Course

3º--> Play at least 40k hands.

If you have any doubt please just ask ;)

GL ALL
    • jperucao
      jperucao
      Bronze
      hey guys

almost 3 years without updating this, long time no see :D :D

but promise that going to start updating my blog a lot more often ;)

going to talk a litle bit about what happened during this 3 years.

i was a cash games player for a long time. Always studied cash games so always played them. But then an opportunity appeared. Got offered an oportunity to get stacked to 180's sit and goes. At the beggining wasn't with much will to change to sng's, first because never studied them and second because i tought sit and goes were for donks (never been so much wrong in my life :D :D ) But was 180's sit and goes and sometimes i loved to give a shot on them. So i went trough that opportunity and started playing 180's sit and goes. Things didn't started very well because i didn't understand nothing of that but start studying reviewing some games getting some coaching and started having some decent scores. But got on a point that i stopped evoluting and was on a big make up :( :( seemed like i struglled to give the step to the next level. So i got fired from that stacking.

But got in love with 180's and never want to leave them :D :D

so i started looking for a new stack. And a opportunity to join sngmentors appeared. I made insta call on that :f_cool: not the best deal ever, been loosing some $ comparing with the previous deal but now i can say i defo gave the step to the next level. Their videos helped me a lot and their coaching is helping me a lot too. The strategies between the my first coach and now sit and go mentors coach are enormous. And i think i'm adapting more to this strategy. With the other coach i was playing a lot nity and folding a lot of ev spots. Now i look trough more in each spots and playing a lot better.

So actually i'm playing 180's stacked by sngmentors and sometimes play one or another mtt (like scoop low me and some other special mtt's like that)

Talking about scoop main event, it went like shit :( Entered a lot late. Was missing 2mins to late reg close but still entered with 20bb's. Played 6hands i think. folded 3, 3betted an AK the guy flatted OOP and then had to fold river loosing almos 10k, won a flip of 88 vs AK to double up and lost with AJ vs AK ;( ;(

And now this blog stops being a cash blog and start to be a 180's blog. Also promisse to update this a lot more often ;)

glgl guys
    • jperucao
      jperucao
      Bronze
      hey guys,

off poker update.

I stopped practicing physical activities some time ago. I used to play water polo but had few time to grind so had to give up. I didn't do anything except playing and eating :D :D

This month finally got up of my lazy ass and entered on a gym. I can only go 3 times a week because of university :( Doing 3times a week during this month i got to the conclusion thats not enough to be in shape till sumer. Still didn't weight since i started but i think i'm got fatter than when entered ?( ?(

so bought this baby :D :D

for now only going to make bicycle. Like 30mins per day plus abs and push ups. Later i hope to buy a threadmill and make a lot more exercise at home.

BTW, i'm only buying this because i can't run or bycicle outside :( I used to go a lot in the past, but i have a skin problem and can't catch sun :( Thats also why i entered on the gym, can't do any activities outside :(

Hope in the future to buy also a threadmill and make 30mins bicycle+30mins threadmill+abs+push ups all days. And then go 3 times per week to the gym only to tinificate the muscles.

RIght now i'm with 86kgs and 23% body fat. I'm 1.83m

Going to put a off poker goal for this summer:

Till august get in the 75kgs and be with 12% of body fat maximum.

Hope i can get there ;)

glgl guys
    • jperucao
      jperucao
      Bronze
      forgot one goal:

but the threadmill till the end of june :P