• eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      Hi all!

This blog should help me:
      • to keep a record of my play
      • to clarify and keep an eye my goals
      • to keep in touch with other players
      • and in general to make it easier to track my journey - not only in poker related subjects

Basic info about myself.
      Currently I'm living in the UK, North London. I recently became a father and I'm surprised that I still have time for playing poker. At the moment I have 4th best job in the world and if I am not at work or I am not spending time with the baby I usually play SH NL50, some occasional tournaments and rarely SnG's.

I used to play FL and SnG's for a couple of years and usually my winnings paid for my holidays. It must be about a year that I started playing from nearly 0 and this time I'm playing almost only SH cash games. My roll last week was $4380. I tried twice to play NL100 but after about 70K hands I am down about 5BI. I decided to play NL50 and improve my skills before moving up.

By the end of the month I will come up with a list of short/long term goals and some other plans regarding mainly poker.

Thank you for reading,
      Cheers!
  • 24 replies
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Hey,
      congratulations for becoming a father! And congratulations for starting a blog:)
      I also play 50NL SH and will follow your blog!
      Good luck!:)
    • eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      @gonepoker
      many thanks

The month, a lesson for me is almost gone. My shot at NL100 was not successful yet. In real money about 1BI down after 15K hands. I decided to play NL50 and a doom switch continued ... sinking me deep in red. In the last week I was running good but also I was playing solid without trying to take people out of the hands - possibly I am the only player who folds TP on the turn to a raise. Maybe my image is just crazy? Doubt it.
      I played about 30K hands and my graph looks like a snake. Not gonna paste it here, as I do not want to look at it any more. Couple of BI's up. Still running rather bad equity wise - I always comfort myself that I will get these EV money back when I move up in stakes. So probably it is waiting somewhere for me ...

Anyway, let's move forward.

Roll about 5k$
      Waiting for Playstation (had to email them - am not gonna let it go as it happened with FTP) + my bonus (500) will be cleared in about a week time.

My process goals which will help me to play profitably NL100 in about 3 months. By the end of Dec I will:
      - play each session solid (no FPS, no experiments, table selection, etc)
      - execute plan for certain boards/hands/situations
      - memories my notes from at least 2 books
      - introduce daily stop loss at 3BI (in any money)
      - prepare plans (at least 3) for my weekly concepts (introduced in Feb?)
      - play 25-30K hands

I need to find out how much $ I can make at NL50 but first of all everything what's above. It should clarify a lot.

Time to begin!
    • eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      Played merely few K hands, still v busy with work and other stuff. Not v happy with the way the things are going so far - I shouldn't be playing when I'm tired/not A gamish. It's just difficult to decide when I want to play, have some, maybe feeling a bit tired (end of the day)
      How to judge if my concentration is good enough to have a session?
      Should I go back to play dual-n-back?

Today I finished my session just after midnight. I checked the graph and ...
      You can say whatever but for me this is basically a piece of art!

[img][IMG]https://img88.imageshack.us/img88/231/artty.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
    • eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      First week, not a big volume but it should change in the next week.

No action with big hands but overall seems to be fine, getting there, just need to play more. I also participated in some promotion and had to play today 1 SnG. Fired it up, checked my email, done some research and when I looked at the table I had the message that I got $2. Easy game. But well, to be honest in meantime I played 2 hands.

Promise myself to play more, however tomorrow: picking up a friend from the airport, going for a rugby match (Saracens) and need to get drunk after ...
      I'm sure it's all achievable!

Finally got an email that my PS3 is on the way (I won it about 6 weeks ago in some tourney). It is a bit weird - they encourage me to play PS3 and to quit poker?

And a graphic update:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    • eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      I can't believe that 3 weeks are gone ... Time!

I'm failing with volume, there is so many things to do and this does not feel right as I'm not working this month and have more time than usual. Another thing is my 3bI rule broken! I actually slapped myself right now!! It does not hurt so much. Anyone can offer other form of punishment? Something that will help me for the next time when I just keep losing hand after a hand and keeeep plaaaaying ...

I have one more week --> focus.

That's how it is recently:

• eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      The month is almost gone and the year too!

I had the look at my year playing NL50 and it was OK. Lots of things to improve but at least the winrate is stable and feel really comfortable playing this limit.

This year at NL50

My month was good regarding the level of my play but I preformed rather poorly with my golas. To make it clear:
      - I played a session when loosing more than 3BI
      - played only 22.5K hands. I was really busy this month - but no excuse!
      - I prepared only 2 concepts (will try to think about the 3rd in the last 12 min of this year ...)

My roll is 6.8K $
      Last moth in a pic

Some goals for Jan will follow shortly

Happy New Year 2012 to Everyone! All the Best!!
    • eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      January action plan:
      - 22k hands (too much work to dream about better volume)
      - 3BI stop loss (no excuse here) I hope to become this year really great at quitting the games when I should. 3BI is a limit
      - sort out my roll (move part to some account/invest)
      - go through my notes of one of the strategy books
      - introduce a warm up routine before the play
      - change my set-up for playing poker

And at the end something that made me laugh. Cards are involved and its a great way to distract opponents:

• eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      It's such a romantic movie! I'm sure you didn't miss:

Not playing much, but organizing things around. Just had two very short sessions.
      ... and the future looks bright.
    • eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      It made my day:

Finally had some time to play poker. Things are going quite well and I just need to step up with the volume. Rock climbing has to wait.

My hands this months:

Cheers!
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Seems like you are crushing:) Any plans of moving up?
      btw I love songs of Lana Del Rey, check out video games, blue jeans and kinda outta luck if u dont know them, these are my favorites :)
    • Mopenza
      Mopenza
      Silver
      nice blog will follow! What software u are playing on? and how much tables in time? guessing 4-6 cause of your volume. some threat saver would be nice :)
    • eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      @gonepoker
      Many thanks. No plans to move up by March - I'm not sure about some spots and do not have much time these days.
      Yep, I had a look at her other videos, still Born to Die captivated me when I heard it on radio and the video is interesting, I like the style.

@Mopenza
      Thanks. Playing on Ongame, yes about 4-6 tables
    • eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      Trying to find some time and play a bit more, finally had a session and I think I had my first straight flush, at least in cash games:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($19.26)
      BB ($83.39)
      Hero ($54.35)
      BTN ($32.62)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: K:spade:

Hero raises to $2, BTN calls $2, fold, fold

FLOP ($4.75) 3:spade: T:spade: 9:spade:

Hero bets $3.50, BTN raises to $7, Hero raises to $12, BTN calls $5

TURN ($28.75) 3:spade: T:spade: 9:spade: J:spade:

Hero bets $7, BTN raises to $18.62 (AI), Hero calls $11.62

RIVER ($65.99) 3:spade: T:spade: 9:spade: J:spade: 6:diamond:

BTN shows J:club: 9:club:
      (Pre 36%, Flop 2.4%, Turn 0.0%)

Hero shows Q:spade: K:spade:
      (Pre 64%, Flop 97.6%, Turn 100.0%)

Hero wins $63.99

Still not running really good this month in preflop situations. Constanlty crushed with QQ v KK and with KK v AA.

Today (or actually yesterday's) grinding:

Fro those who do not know what to do with their winnings I highly recommend this site:
      http://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/

Or if you are on limited budget:
      http://fiverr.com/

There is also a British version but it's better to pay $5 than £5.

Cheers!
    • Mopenza
      Mopenza
      Silver
      still crushing GJ
    • StabiBossa
      StabiBossa
      Bronze
      gj on crushing NL50, added u as a friend if you feel like sweating :)
    • eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      January went fast.
      Played as many hands as I planned, although it went a bit tough with time at the end of the month. Probably will not qualify for the payout in the rake race.
      I had also a painful downswing a few days ago. The number of sets I lost ..., people hitting their miracle cards on the river ..., and the last session was not the best - maybe I wanted to push it too hard with the volume, etc. Anyway, the pic will say everything:

[img][IMG]https://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2597/jan12x.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Extremely busy over the nest 2 months. Will almost not play as my ex-girlfriend (I do not like the word wife) got a freelance project and I will need to help her a bit and take care of the baby.

I will try to to get more studies done, think about some spots. Might also change my HUD a bit and decide if I want to stay playing on Ongame - more about it to follow very soon. --> will appreciate any comments on the subject, possibly next week will write about the reasons.

Good luck to everyone!
    • eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      My first week is very swingy. In terms of EV I'm nicely ahead but in real money not so good. Lost couple of pots to 2 outer - it always hurts and one pot with 2BI my KK vs AA. I'm not sure any more if it is a correct play to get it in preflop ...

Thinking about changing my room. Essentially the essence suck!
      All points are distributed on Ongame according to the essence system and I do not like quite a few things about it. What essence does:
      - gives less points to winning players (to keep worse players in a game)
      - is magic: nobody really know how it works
      - tracks your performance in the last 90 days

If you are doing well you get less and less points = bonuses and ability to clear them, also it lower the chance to get some money from a rake race. I played a few more hands than last month but did not qualify for the payout in the rake race. It did not make much sense to me looking at the last few months and comparing them.

Just finishing off my bonus and need to consider options:
      - accept the situation
      - move to another Ongame room (since it tracks only last 90 days I could move every month, etc and rotate 3 rooms)
      - change the network: microgaming or ipoker

Did I forgot about anything?

Any ideas please?
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      I cannot give you advice about next room/wife :coolface: , but I am gonna keep following your blog. Can't believe I never seen it before. Keep updating, and I wish you best of luck.
    • verneer
      verneer
      Bronze
      Good to see you doing well! Seems like you plan and reflect really well on your game. As far as rooms, what is the biggest reason for you to want to stay with OnGame?