bad beat jackpot games party

• 4 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Roo,

I believe with the rake, they are actually not worth it.

I don't have any figures on this, but I believe we've had a thread about this in the past.

Let me have a look and see if I can dig it up ;)

EDIT: Here's a link from this June, where our resident magic man Bart has solved the problem :s_thumbsup:

EDIT 2: A further link from last year.

It seems that these tables become +EV to play at after a certain point.

Hope this was helpful and off topic here but I cannot wait to see you on the TV next year.

All the best,
      Gary
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Yeah, I remember reading it's only really +EV if you're playing for a jackpot worth 300k or more.

and I remember TT saying in one of the Pink Performance parts(one of the earlier ones) when vonki's playing jackpot on NL25, that the rake is far too high to justify it.

Higher limits, the rake matters less, as you cap it for bigger profits, but low limits you really get your bb/100 eaten by up to $0.50/pot extra.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well sometimes the jackpot tables are a bit more fishy because regs don't want to play on them. I think if you get 2 big fishes then its worth playing them, otherwise the rake eats up a lot of your profit.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      Well sometimes the jackpot tables are a bit more fishy because regs don't want to play on them. I think if you get 2 big fishes then its worth playing them, otherwise the rake eats up a lot of your profit.
      Thanks guys for the heads up :f_biggrin:

Matejm47 interesting way of looking at it, I like your thinking :D

Roo