• SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      i dont know what to use in the micros
      nash or sage...
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Im not a particularly experienced SnG player, as I prefer cash, but from what I know there are specific situations where SAGE is better than nash or vice versa. If it doesnt mention it in the articles, perhaps one of our SnG grinders could post here with the answer?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hi guys,

I will move this thread to our Sit and Go Beginners Discussion where we may just get our answer ;)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • JayGatsby
      JayGatsby
      Coach
      Coach
      I like Nash more, you can print out the chart and keep it next to you during sessions.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JayGatsby
      I like Nash more, you can print out the chart and keep it next to you during sessions.
      hi,

is that "HeadsUp Push/Fold Nash Equilibrium chart" is only usefull when 2 players left on the table?

thanks.
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JHTAN
      hi,

is that "HeadsUp Push/Fold Nash Equilibrium chart" is only usefull when 2 players left on the table?

thanks.
      almost yes, mate! :)
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kiromanAAKK
      Originally posted by JHTAN
      hi,

thanks.
      almost yes, mate! :)
      so, if it is 3handed then this chart is not suitable?
      For example, BTN fold and we are SB vs BB.

thanks.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      according to pzhon, you can still use the nash push fold chart in BvB situations.

The thing with Nash is, it is rarely the best way to play at the low limit, it is a strategy designed where both opponents have no edge on each other and have already adjusted and readjusted to each other so much that Nash is the best play where if you push that range and your opponent calls that range, and vice versa, you guys will break even because its the equilibrium.

The best way to play Heads-up or blind vs blind is still to run your ranges in Wiz vs your opponents ranges, that way you can exploit your opponents by pushing wider if they are tighter and vice versa, and also calling tighter if they are tighter.

Nash and Sage are good starting points, but don't take them as gospel. You want to pay attention and know your opponents!
    • xdonkingx
      xdonkingx
      Bronze
      I guess nash is a awesome way to open up to 8 SNG HU hyper up to 7$ and grind like a monkey, expecting no more than 1% ROI + Huge rakeback basing your winnings on the huge volume + huge rakeback.
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      SAGE is same as nash, except that it's simplifyed to make it easier to remember. And as usual, simplification makes small mistakes in it but they are pretty tiny, so on the lower limits it practically doesn't matter which one you use, just a preference. I use Nash cos it's actually easier for me.