[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh Qq

• dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      [converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

villain 26/5 only 20 hands,
      no idea how to play against his minraise, dont think hes doing it with air, so i guess hes only really repping sets in his valuerange. is this the right line of thinking against a possible fishy player? i dont want to 3b because i dont think im ever gettng it in good.
      i probably could of folded turn, but against an unknown it seemed kind of weak.
      also not sure what to make of his river betsizing. i think im always behind, but would he really bet so big with a set here? i guess hes not going to be scared of BD flushes to often so a set seems likely

Hero (BTN): $17.08 (170.8 bb)
      SB: $10 (100 bb)
      BB: $9.85 (98.5 bb)
      MP: $7.39 (73.9 bb)
      CO: $10.52 (105.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q:club: Q:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, SB calls $0.20, BB folds

Flop: ($0.60) T:club: 5:club: 3:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.60) 8:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.80, Hero calls $1.80

River: ($6.20) K:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $5.10, Hero folds

Results: $6.20 pot ($0.30 rake)
      Final Board: T:club: 5:club: 3:spade: 8:spade: K:spade:
      Hero mucked Q:club: Q:heart: and lost (-$3.05 net)
      SB mucked and won $5.90 ($2.85 net)
      [/hand_history][/converted_hand]
  • 4 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop: Why are you raising so small? There is no difference in 0,25 and 0,30 when you're stealing but when you get a hand it's easier to to build the pot.

Flop: I don't like your amount. Why are you betting so strong? Which hand will call you? Only AT, sets, FD...this is quite narow range so I would rather cbet smaller - $0,42.
      When you see a minr it's an ugly situation, because he might have a FD but more often he will have sets. Against unknown it's hard to give him the range.

Turn: His line is super strong. We beat only JJ, I don't think he plays 99- the same way. Also we can exclude AA, KK because he plays it differently. Set is the most possible here. I agree, folding on this kind of board is very difficult. I also do mistakes like this, calling turn and hoping to see free river, we should think that he bets river too and we definitely can't call 3 streets with "only" overpair/ pair. Here disciplined fold would be good.

River: K is not very often in his range but he represented set so I would still give him some kind of set. I don't think he does something like this with TP on the flop and turn. One hand that could play like this is KT. Since opponent is unknown we should give him rather tight range so folding is correct move here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dannywratten,

Preflop: On those limits I don't like your raise size at all. Especially while you have loose opponents on the blinds. Could you explain me this why do you pick such a raise?

As played
      Postflop: Flop seems to be fine, although most likely I'd rather lay it down on the turn while he looks rather passive opponent. His Bet size on the turn doesn't look that weak either and we just putting ourselves into trouble. Doubt that we would be able to Call the river anyways. Neither I don't see him CBetting the turn with draws.

Best Regards.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Preflop: On those limits I don't like your raise size at all. Especially while you have loose opponents on the blinds. Could you explain me this why do you pick such a raise?
      i have just been trying it out lately, raising 2.5x on BU & 3x any other position, because i open so often on BU it makes my bluffs cheaper and easier to call smaller 3bets.
      you think its not a good idea? iv seen a lot of it on videos at higher limits, but maybe not so effective at NL10? do you suggest sticking to 4x? i would also adjust & open bigger if opponents were calling too much with marginal hands.

also do you think flop bet sizing is too big? against fishy opponents i have been betting flops bigger with value hands because it seems unneccesary to balance against them at NL10, against a reg i would use a standard bet size
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      On those limits I'd still to basic raise size and from NL25+ I'd change. Although even on NL25 I'd still do 3xBB on blind and depending on the blinds how aggressive they are either I'd raise smaller or not.

also do you think flop bet sizing is too big?

Why should it be? We are against loose player and we want to protect our hand! Go for it!