[NL2-NL10] NL2 AK in position vs Super tight villain

• AndyWB
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Reads: Villain is super tight, his 3-bet makes his range shrink to AA KK QQ AK maybe JJ.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A:heart: , K:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.06, 7 folds, BB raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.14.

Flop: ($0.41) A:diamond: , K:club: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.22, BB raises to $0.88, Hero raises to $1.54, BB raises to $0.90 (All-In).

Turn: ($2.85) Q:club:
      River: ($2.85) 2:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $2.85

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and kings (Ah Kh)
      BB shows three-of-a-kind, aces (As Ac)

BB wins with three-of-a-kind, aces (As Ac)
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello AndyWB,

Preflop: Most likely against his stats I wouldn't even Call in first place, plus vs his stack. I'd just fold it or just get it in. We ain't gonna play the hand very profitable by calling.

As played
      Postflop: Doubt that we can get away here. Of course his line is really strong here but the question is if we really can get away vs his stack, most likely nope as we called preflop.

Best Regards.
    • AndyWB
      I went in to this hand with completely the wrong thought in my head - "I know his range is 50% ahead of me and I'll fold unless I get a big piece of the flop". Glad you confirmed my shove call with top two tho, thought I had to in that spot.

It's irritating that I've got such a good crystal clear read and still paid him off :f_mad: