omaha shorthanded, how to identify the fish

• farmgirl
      farmgirl
      Bronze
      Hi,

I am curious as to how you might identify fish in omaha shorthanded.
      Obviously i'm looking for what kind of rules/ranges to add to auto rate.
      I am still quite new to the game and would like some feedback please.

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Look for the guy who shoves and doesn't have a great hand. :f_biggrin:

There are plenty of different ways you can play PLO profitably. Don't focus on the stats of someone to see if they are a fish.

Your stats are going to change depending on the stats of the other people, so you might play more hands if there is a fish who doesn't fold post flop.

Focus on players who shove the flop with weak draws or dodgy hands (like a king high flush with no pair).
    • TurnitAce
      TurnitAce
      Bronze
      hey Ribbo, if you put your opponent on AAxx,you think is ok to shove pre with rundown?6789ss+

Is it ok to put the money it with around 50 equity?or depends on your style of play and the risk you take?
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TurnitAce
      hey Ribbo, if you put your opponent on AAxx,you think is ok to shove pre with rundown?6789ss+

Is it ok to put the money it with around 50 equity?or depends on your style of play and the risk you take?
      No, I would always use information to my advantage.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      In short version:

If the guy with AAxx has less than pot for the flop, he will shove 100% of flops. If you can fold at least 1 flop with your rundown, calling preflop is better than shoving preflop.