This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

omaha shorthanded, how to identify the fish

• farmgirl
      farmgirl
      Bronze
      Hi,

I am curious as to how you might identify fish in omaha shorthanded.
      Obviously i'm looking for what kind of rules/ranges to add to auto rate.
      I am still quite new to the game and would like some feedback please.

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Look for the guy who shoves and doesn't have a great hand. :f_biggrin:

There are plenty of different ways you can play PLO profitably. Don't focus on the stats of someone to see if they are a fish.

Your stats are going to change depending on the stats of the other people, so you might play more hands if there is a fish who doesn't fold post flop.

Focus on players who shove the flop with weak draws or dodgy hands (like a king high flush with no pair).
    • TurnitAce
      TurnitAce
      Bronze
      hey Ribbo, if you put your opponent on AAxx,you think is ok to shove pre with rundown?6789ss+

Is it ok to put the money it with around 50 equity?or depends on your style of play and the risk you take?
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TurnitAce
      hey Ribbo, if you put your opponent on AAxx,you think is ok to shove pre with rundown?6789ss+

Is it ok to put the money it with around 50 equity?or depends on your style of play and the risk you take?
      No, I would always use information to my advantage.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      In short version:

If the guy with AAxx has less than pot for the flop, he will shove 100% of flops. If you can fold at least 1 flop with your rundown, calling preflop is better than shoving preflop.