How to use Elephant?

• surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      I have just downlaoded and installed the Elephant.
      Where can I read a user guide or see a video on how to use it.?
      I would like to learn what all the features are and what they mean.
      Thanks in advance
      Peace
  • 13 replies
    • irik83
      irik83
      lol...
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by irik83
      lol...
      Very helpful! :s_thumbsup:

There is no handbook for the elephant. But, if you search the Video section you will find a few things.

Moreover, the elephant is a very simple program that can be understood within a short time quite well.

In addition, you can always ask questions here in the forum if you do not even know anything.
    • flush2pp
      flush2pp
      Bronze
      Here i found a video tutorial about how to install and make it work.
      Elephant Video Guide Library
      I will follow myself to install Elephant too. Good luck!
    • irik83
      irik83
      Very helpful! :s_cool:

it should not be helpfull...some time ago, I had any idea about handbook, but it was told me that is it unnecessary..that all answers are here..its not true but what can I do..

this is my thread about manual to elephant here
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by irik83
      Very helpful! :s_cool:

it should not be helpfull...some time ago, I had any idea about handbook, but it was told me that is it unnecessary..that all answers are here..its not true but what can I do..

this is my thread about manual to elephant here
      Ah, I understand you. In the german community there was a similar idea for a manual. There was nearly the same reaction.

But i must say, it is possible to learn every useful function step by step by yourself. If you read the theorie article you know, which values are helpfull to show at the tables.

Why don't you make your handout for the czech players? I think, they will be happy. And maybe, if they see the com likes it, they will translate it into english?
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Now that I have read your HERE link I now understand your lol... comment.
      You have been down this road before that I am on.
      True there is various articles and info about databases and HUDs, but not any that you logically step into after the initial download of the Elephant.
      I can see you have tried to help out before on this project. (and maybe not supported, I'm guessing).
      Anyway , I have made a plan to watch a few strategy videos and gain an incite thru them on how the videoer interacts with his HUD.
      Thanks everyone.
      Peace.
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Originally posted by surfwell1818
      Now that I have read your HERE link I now understand your lol... comment.
      You have been down this road before that I am on.
      True there is various articles and info about databases and HUDs, but not any that you logically step into after the initial download of the Elephant.
      I can see you have tried to help out before on this project. (and maybe not supported, I'm guessing).
      Anyway , I have made a plan to watch a few strategy videos and gain an incite thru them on how the videoer interacts with his HUD.
      Thanks everyone.
      Peace.
      Hey surfwell1818,

do you have any specific questions I can help you with?

Feel free to post them here! :)
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Thanks Mrk1988,
      It's mostly HUD settings.
      Choose your preferred HUD mode. Beginner or Expert. ??
      Should I try beginner?
      What is the difference?
      I am new to HUD's but not new to poker or stat interpretation.
      Also HUD Layout selection.
      I play full ring cash game.
      Should I use Standard Layout or NL 7-10 player layout.?
      Does beginner include these?
      I'm hoping for someone who has also been new to HUD's to help me out , so I don't confuse myself with the different layouts until I find what is appropriate for my chosen game.
      Thanks
      Simon
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by surfwell1818
      Thanks Mrk1988,
      It's mostly HUD settings.
      Choose your preferred HUD mode. Beginner or Expert. ??
      Should I try beginner? Beginner HUD is very simple, it shows you only VPIP, PreRaise, AGR and Hands. And these informations are only shown with colors. Red for rocks, yellow for loose, and green for fish.
      On micro stakes you do not need more informations to beat the vallians. I think, you do not need any HUD on these stakes.

What is the difference?
      I am new to HUD's but not new to poker or stat interpretation.
      Also HUD Layout selection.
      I play full ring cash game.
      Should I use Standard Layout or NL 7-10 player layout.? The elephant always use the layout, which is compatible to your table. If you sit at a SH table, it will use this HUD, if you sit at a FR table, it will use the FR HUD.
      Does beginner include these? Beginner HUD only have the stats I wrote above.
      I'm hoping for someone who has also been new to HUD's to help me out , so I don't confuse myself with the different layouts until I find what is appropriate for my chosen game.
      Thanks
      Simon
      Hallo Simon!

In my opinion you can beat the micros with the beginner HUD. You can play with the SHC and beat them with a WR of 10BB. But if you want to use the professional HUD, you can choose, which values you want to see. For this, you open the HUD layout and change the standard HUD with the values you want to see. Save this personal layout and mark the checkbox. Step by step you can take more informations into your HUD. I played from beginning with the normal HUD of the elephant. I had a sticker at my monitor with the information of the values and after a short time, I know the values very well. It is very easy.

I hope, I could help you a little bit. :)
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Thanks x1000 Silicernium,
      You've helped me heaps.
      I'll try the beginners for now.
      I've played for so long with no HUD ( at the micros) that my observations and notes from these have served me well.
      I need to get use to looking at a HUD and the values it displays to be able to step up with added confidence.
      There is times that I play and I am sure (gut feeling) that the villian is purely playing to his/her HUD information.
      These days HUD use seems to be such the normal way to play.I guess I'm behind the times with this but I can catch up.
      Thanks again :D
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Also I'll just add for anyone who is following this thread,
      in the Strategy Articles under Others there is 2 silver articles titled
      Stats (1)- Basics
      Stats (2)- Interpretation.
      Both are well worth a read.
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      No problem, was me a pleasure to help. :)
    • asterixobelix2012
      asterixobelix2012
      Bronze
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/15896/

This video, although for Short Stack Strategy still gives a good introduction to understanding the various statistics in the software and how to use them. Hope this helps.