[NL2-NL10] Hand Evaluation Coaching - Homework #10 29.11.11

• veriz
      Hello PokerStrategists,

as some of you may have heard that we have a homework in each of our No-Limit Hand Evaluation Coachings.

Here is the homework for the coaching from Nov 29th, please note:

• Everybody is invited to share his thoughts here regardless if you joined the last coaching or not.
      • Whoever is active in the homework threads can get a free database analysis by us which helps you to improve your game.

Find the hand below waiting for you opinions and analysis posted in this thread. Furthermore do not forget to join our next coaching on Tuesday, December 6th at 6 PM GMT.

We planning to announce the winner of this month Hand Evaluation Homework as well.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($15.79)
      BB ($10.86)
      UTG ($11.33)
      UTG+1 ($9.85)
      CO ($15.42) 27/18/2.1(150h)
      Hero ($18.66)

Dealt to Hero A:club: J:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.75) K:club: Q:heart: 8:club:

CO bets $0.56, Hero calls $0.56

TURN ($1.87) K:club: Q:heart: 8:club: 9:diamond:

CO bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

RIVER ($4.87) K:club: Q:heart: 8:club: 9:diamond: K:spade:

CO checks, Hero checks

call or raise flop ? we are deep
  • 2 replies
    • chocular77
      PF: Just calling is fine since we are IP

F: Here we have a perfect situation for a Semibluff. 12 outs to the nuts, Position , deep stacks + some foldequity. I would raise to ~$1,7.
      If we don't hit on turn it's very likely that we can take a freecard.
      + We can control the pot in Position if we hit on turn or river.

T as played: Since we got 12 outs to the nuts (A maybe would help aswell) we only need to win ~$0,9 on the river to make our call profitable. Since this would be only 1/5 of the river potsize it's a clear call.

R: It's possible that villain induces bluffs from draws so i wouldn't bet here.
    • veriz

Preflop: The Call here is actually totally fine. While we have position, while the hand is suited. Also of course we are a bit deeper.

As played
      Flop: Perfect spot for me to Raise. While we just ain't gonna play the hand very profitable by Calling preflop. Which also means that we at some point have to take stabs. Especially when having such a strong draw I'd definitely consider raising while we have position, we are deeper and of course even maybe fold equity against better hands. Not saying that it's wrong to Call but with raising we are able even to get fold equity vs better hands.

As played
      Turn: Pretty standard with such a strong hand and for the stacks and position.
      River: Not much we can do here while we wont make any better hand to fold anyways. All the hands what fold we beat with Ace high.

Best Regards.