[NL2-NL10] NL10 MSS SH - JJ - squeeze x UTG?

• viccini
      viccini
      Global
      UTG: 17/12 in 493 hands / Raise first UTG 6% (60) / Fold to 3b 38% (8) / 4b 0% (9)

CO: 43/29 in 7 hands

How should I play this kind of hand since UTG seems to be a very tight player from this position? Is the squeeze +EV here?

When he 4bets I need 32% equity and can't fold if I assume he 4bets JJ+, AK right? (and 3b/fold don't seem to be a good play with JJ)

tyvm!

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Lazur72 ($13.61)
      UTG+1 xoroshiy777 ($3.59)
      CO antonakis99 ($2.69)
      BTN Hero ($4.28)
      SB kovacsda ($13.73)
      BB aamickaa15 ($10.42)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is BTN J:club: J:diamond:
      Lazur72 raises to $0.35, 1 fold, antonakis99 calls $0.35, Hero raises to $1.55, 2 folds, Lazur72 folds, antonakis99 goes all-in $2.69, Hero calls $1.14

Flop: 9:club: 6:diamond: 9:heart: ($5.88, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: 5:club: ($5.88, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 4:spade: ($5.88, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $5.88
      antonakis99 shows
      K:heart: Q:diamond:
      Hero shows
      J:club: J:diamond:

Hero wins $5.59 (net +$2.90)

antonakis99 lost $2.69
      Lazur72 lost $0.35
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

Hmm interesting spot. You have to find the maxEV spot and I think squeezing preflop is definitely NOT evMAX because of his tight tendencies.

That said I think I would call because passing on this opportunity is EV0 while you can still make money postflop. Like we do NOT play for set value.

We can see what UTG is going to do on loads of boards. Mostly we anticipate he is going to play pretty much ABC and check with hands he doesn't connect with so we can play against CO

Sounds a bit vague but we have to play some poker here :)

- Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hey,

Hmm interesting spot. You have to find the maxEV spot and I think squeezing preflop is definitely NOT evMAX because of his tight tendencies.

That said I think I would call because passing on this opportunity is EV0 while you can still make money postflop. Like we do NOT play for set value.

We can see what UTG is going to do on loads of boards. Mostly we anticipate he is going to play pretty much ABC and check with hands he doesn't connect with so we can play against CO

Sounds a bit vague but we have to play some poker here :)

- Gerv
      I see. My only concern about flatting was the fact that the blinds would problably flat as well.

Pos flop I would problably fold to a UTG's cbet in any board against 2+ opponents. Is it ok?

btw, could you take a quick look at my general stats plz?

Stats at MSS NL10

tyvm!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Well UTG's not bluffing a lot against multiple opponents ;)

I think you can open a bit more OTB/CO as in ATS, I mean most analysis done by me is just watching you play as statistics are only an average of your play :)

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Well UTG's not bluffing a lot against multiple opponents ;)

I think you can open a bit more OTB/CO as in ATS, I mean most analysis done by me is just watching you play as statistics are only an average of your play :)

Best regards,
      Gerv
      ok. btw what's "OTB"? :D

tyvm!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      On the Button it means :)