This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Equlilab Omaha Suggestions

• FA_Morgoth
      FA_Morgoth
      Bronze
      Hi,
      i just found out about Equilab Omaha and took a first look.
      I play a lot PLO High stakes so I use Pro Poker Tools a lot. So far I like the Equlilab program. You made some nice improvements.
      I still have some suggestions which would help me a lot using the program (and hopefully others)
      I will start a list and update here if i find something new:

1.) Defining User Ranges:
      That is really important i think. I wanna be able to build my own Ranges save them, and easily access them. I also wanna be able to use saved ranges to build new ones.

2.) automatically add *:
      This is also very good in pro poker tools: you can write AA instead of AA** or dd instead of *d*d**. Save a lot of time and i think should be working with your syntax

3.) more usable percentile Ranges:
      I like that you have different percentile Ranges, but I would prefer different ones.
      Nobody plays random hands and if you dont need these tools to win easily.
      I would like to have percentile Ranges calculated against something like:
      - 1Player 60%, 1 Player 40%, 1 Player 25%, 1 Player 15%, 1 Player 8%, 1 Player 5%
      - 2 Players 35% & 5%-25%, 2 Players 40% & 10%
      - 3 Players 35% & 5%-30% & 25%
      - 4 Players 35% & 5%-30% & 5%-25% & 20%
      These Ranges would represent the Ranges of Hands people actually play a lot better. for more than 1 Player I sugested varying Ranges to mix it up. wouldnt change a lot to just use 25% or 30% all the time I think.
      to be honest I dont expect huge changes be this but small things can matter in PLO.
      For example a hand like 6788ss does relatively the same against random or good hands, While QQ87o does a lot better vs random hands since its High pair will more often hold up. Thats why these hands are overrated in your ranking.
      I also would find it cool to be able to design custom percentile ranges like balanced 3betting ranges etc but this might be complicated.

4.) Add ":" as a second "&":
      this is just for comfort of Pro poker tools users to have a similar syntax.
  • 2 replies