This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AA vs flush draw completes on turn..

• fr3ak1n6
      fr3ak1n6
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1.85
      MP2:
      $1.76

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:heart: , A:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.08, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) Q:spade: , 7:diamond: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.13, MP2 calls $0.13.

Turn: ($0.45) T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, MP2 raises to $0.38, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.75

Was the bet sizing on the turn too small? Should i had bet more?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Welcome to the nl forums!

Small bet looks weak and might induce raises from worse hands. If you can´t be sure to valuebet turn on scare cards then just c/c turn and then either go to showdown or c/f river. Aces are generally very strong and it is hard to get better than one pair hands in holdem so I would not really like to fold them too often against aggressive opponents.

If you bet turn for value, then make it 0.3$. That looks strong enough and won´t likely induce bluffraises from worse hands.

Best regards,
    • fr3ak1n6
      fr3ak1n6
      Bronze
      Hello!,

Well received..

Thanks for the advice.. I'll keep that in mind..

Hmmm.. I have a question.. If i check the turn? And he raises.. Instand fold and wait for a better spot?! I was out of position.. That's what made it harder for me.. I don't think c/f-ing Aces on the turn on a scary board is a good play.. 2/3pot on the turn sounds good.. If he called, then i'll just c/f on the river cos surely i'm beat..

Peace Out!!~ :D Thanks a Million!!~
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello fr3ak1n6,

Add to full stack.

Flop: I'd definitely bet it bigger ~$0,16.
      Turn: Don't like the idea of betting so small. Those kind of bets may easily even induce raises with bluffs. I'd make it ~$0,36 and then most likely just Fold to his raise. Check/Call isn't an option here, especially while you don't even have many reads or stats, we don't want to turn our hand into bluff-catcher and Check/Call the turn & river.

Best Regards.