[NL2-NL10] AA vs flush draw completes on turn..

• fr3ak1n6
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:heart: , A:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.08, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) Q:spade: , 7:diamond: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.13, MP2 calls $0.13.

Turn: ($0.45) T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, MP2 raises to $0.38, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.75

Was the bet sizing on the turn too small? Should i had bet more?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20

Welcome to the nl forums!

Small bet looks weak and might induce raises from worse hands. If you can´t be sure to valuebet turn on scare cards then just c/c turn and then either go to showdown or c/f river. Aces are generally very strong and it is hard to get better than one pair hands in holdem so I would not really like to fold them too often against aggressive opponents.

If you bet turn for value, then make it 0.3$. That looks strong enough and won´t likely induce bluffraises from worse hands.

Best regards,
    • fr3ak1n6

Well received..

Thanks for the advice.. I'll keep that in mind..

Hmmm.. I have a question.. If i check the turn? And he raises.. Instand fold and wait for a better spot?! I was out of position.. That's what made it harder for me.. I don't think c/f-ing Aces on the turn on a scary board is a good play.. 2/3pot on the turn sounds good.. If he called, then i'll just c/f on the river cos surely i'm beat..

Peace Out!!~ :D Thanks a Million!!~
    • veriz
      Hello fr3ak1n6,

Add to full stack.

Flop: I'd definitely bet it bigger ~$0,16.
      Turn: Don't like the idea of betting so small. Those kind of bets may easily even induce raises with bluffs. I'd make it ~$0,36 and then most likely just Fold to his raise. Check/Call isn't an option here, especially while you don't even have many reads or stats, we don't want to turn our hand into bluff-catcher and Check/Call the turn & river.

Best Regards.