Start a lil' group up.

• Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Well i've been playing poker for not even a year now, probably around 5months, but only recently starting to actually play properly.

I was wandering if anyone wanted to have a little group for sweat sessions to play while on skype together, to get hand analysis to generally help each other out throughout playing & after sessions.

A little about me

Im 19, currently at university doing computer game tech (basically computer science with game design and development) I tend to play allot of hours of poker, but am slowing down for the next 2days and starting again on friday.

Although i play on partypoker atm, I may be moving over to pokerstars on friday, the reason i have slowed down.

The Group

The group can consist of as many people as possible, although a smaller group may be better for our needs.

It will focus on lower limits cash games and SnGs, and hopefully we can move up the ranks together.

It would be great for anyone with the starting $50, or around a $200-300 bank roll that are playing a large volume of games.

New or experianced, as we can all learn something from someone no matter what the skill.

Preferable speak English, (as i dont know any other language) but dont mind where abouts you are from, time difference would be the only issuehere.

Get in Contact

Add me up on skype - gb_damian18 or reply on here, or send me a friend request.

If not, Good luck on the tables.
  • 22 replies
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      Great Idea, Im definelty in if i can manage to get staked.
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Thats cool, or could always deposit and work your way up from a really small bankroll?

where you from?
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      Well i Recently became Unemployed, Meaning i had to withdraw my 825 Pound bankroll to pay off my bills. With no Main amount of money comming in i cant Adford a deposit and 25 Pound upwards would be all i need, However Its useless depositing 5 Pounds on an account as i cant follow key BRM.
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Spungeh
      Thats cool, or could always deposit and work your way up from a really small bankroll?

where you from?
      England.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I play 6Max NL6 @ 888. I'd be interested, but i dont use skype + i play in the cam tables + have no mic lol :(
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Well could always download skype, that doesnt cost at all.

Could always have input from words to, wouldnt be a problem for me.

What are the cam tables like btw? they good?
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Xeonz123
      Well i Recently became Unemployed, Meaning i had to withdraw my 825 Pound bankroll to pay off my bills. With no Main amount of money comming in i cant Adford a deposit and 25 Pound upwards would be all i need, However Its useless depositing 5 Pounds on an account as i cant follow key BRM.
      Oh that sucks, well im only depositing a small amount.

around £10 or so tonight on pokerstars and then playing with that for tomorrow, and then on friday im going to make my big amount on there.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Spungeh
      Well could always download skype, that doesnt cost at all.

Could always have input from words to, wouldnt be a problem for me.

What are the cam tables like btw? they good?
      Ok, I could give it a whirl, no harm in trying, would be good to have others to talk hands with. I'v downloaded Skype, but its alien too me, Havn't a clue what i'm doing

Cam tables are great, alot of Regs on them, but also alot of players who are just playing for the fun of Cams, just look at the Table stats Standard NL6 rooms are Avg pot 0.70 at best, Cam rooms average around 1.50, the worst tables still get 1.10's Players to flop is also around 15% more, so generally alot looser players. Shame you can only join 1 at a time though :(
    • mscondominator
      mscondominator
      Bronze
      Hi.
      Im sooo keeen. i made a similar post like this a few weeks ago.
      what limits you wanna play?, and is it SNGS cash tables or tourneys?
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      I play on Party and may be down.

What timezones are we speaking?

I'm in Aus.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey guys,

Just give my 2cents about Skype groups.

I think it is alot more beneficial if you get in groups with 6 people maximum. Smaller numbers means more intimacy and therefore more trust. Trust is good as the members of the Skype group will become good friends and it gives you the opportunity to rise through the levels together learning poker and perhaps even meeting up in live tournaments.

I am in Skype groups with 3 people, 6 people. 10 people and 25+ people. The latter groups get a little bit too much and when you wake up from sleeping you get to your Skype and see 300 unread messages meaning you won't read it all. If theres just 6 of you, you will usually sign on and off together and alot of the chat will be when most of the people are online.

Skype groups can be very +ev, but make sure you find the guys who are right for you. I/E guys who play the same games, live close by, play the same amount of hours per week etc.

Thanks
      Patrick
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Well I live in England.

So I'm GMT. So around that would be best.
      Playing cash games or SNG.

I think im moving onto stars tonight for the software. so of anyone is on around 2-3am GMT. I'll see you then. But add me on skype.

Thanks Patrick.

So whereabouts is everyone? Anyone west midlands?
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Happy to join this if you arrange to get the group on skype,

My bankroll for december is $400 but for January it will be $1250 or 50 BI's for NL25 and then I take a shot at SN...

Happy to help any newer members for December at least - Including sweat sessions... Can't promise after December because I don't know what time I will get but will still stay in group chat.

MrMardyBum On Skype if this goes forward
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Also, GMT and will be playing 30 hours per week @ NL10 sweating for 4 Hours - Studying around 1 hour for every 4 hours played
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      added you up on skype mardy.

Im already talking to one or two, so make sure to add my skype

gb_damian18

And get in contact :D
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I've added you, i think lol.
    • mscondominator