This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 79 straigh on flop vs fish

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Known players:
      MP3 = ($10.77)
      CO = ($10.00)
      BU = ($15.41)
      SB = ($12.88) VILLAIN 49/2 AF 1.2 45hands
      BB (Hero) = ($10.00)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7 :heart: , 9 :heart: .
      2 folds, BU calls $0.10, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.25) 8 :club: , T :spade: , J :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, BU raises to $0.72, Hero raises to $1.40, BU raises to $15.31, Hero calls $8.50.

Turn: ($25.46) T :club: (2 players)

River: ($25.46) J :spade:( 2 players)

Corect or ... tilt? vs that player i feel i have the nuts on that flop
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cozacu,

Against that kind of opponent we can't really do much here. I doubt that I'd get it away with the straight. He may easily even have 2pairs/sets and maybe even pairs/draws. Although I don't get your point of min-3betting? Hopefully you can give me an explanation and we can continue with the evaluation what kind of size you actually should be picking.

Best Regards.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      min 3beting was stupid,i didn't want to scare him off,still ... if he raised there with more then absolute air he is going to call a bigger raise... and if not he`ll fold his nothing and won't barrel anymore.

Let's say we make a decent 3bet and he is shoving,i guess we`re still calling(vs him) right?he could have any2pair,sets,draws... that was what i was thinking too,i wanted to get it in on the flop
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cozacu
      min 3beting was stupid,i didn't want to scare him off,still ... if he raised there with more then absolute air he is going to call a bigger raise... and if not he`ll fold his nothing and won't barrel anymore.

Let's say we make a decent 3bet and he is shoving,i guess we`re still calling(vs him) right?he could have any2pair,sets,draws... that was what i was thinking too,i wanted to get it in on the flop
      Well, on those boards never do a min-3bet. It's way too drawy for us and rather do a pot size raise. And if he still shoves I doubt that we can get away vs so loose opponent, as I said he may easily have even pair+draw/2pairs/sets etc type of hands which we beat.