Account management with Ladbrokes...

• Torg0th
      Torg0th
      Black
      So 5 days ago I decided to start playing poker again seriously and wanted to play on microgaming because I liked their rakeback deal and stuff.

Opened an account with the currency set in CAD and it turns out there's a problem depositing with moneybookers when it is set in CAD. Oh yea and you can't change your account currency. Moneybookers even blocked my ip (couldn't access the site) for spam issues I think so I had to change my ip multiple times. Long story short, I had to send multiple messages to support asking if they could close my account so I could open a new one with the currency set in US, which they finally did. Deposited $170 US on the account, and today I find that my new account has been locked.

I send a message to support asking wtf is up, and I get this answer:

"In order to protect our customers, we regularly perform online routine
      security checks to ensure that the card registered on a customer
      account is valid and belongs to the named individual.

One of these checks has revealed that information registered on your
      Internet account does not match that registered against your payment
      method; hence your account has been temporarily suspended until
      verification of your details can be made.

We therefore request that you forward the following, along with your username:

1. A clear copy of your Passport/ I.D. card (both sides).
      2. A screenshot of your personal details page of Moneybookers.
      3. A clear copy of a recent bank statement showing your address. Please

note that we will be unable to accept screenshots of online bank
      statements. "

Now the only single thing that differs from both accounts is that the street address and city have an accent on the ladbrokes account and not on the moneybookers account (I think it was because moneybookers didn't accept the registration with the accents). Obviously, I sent a somewhat angry reply explaining this and finally I get a new reply saying that I have to forward the informations asked.

I literally just put $170 in the account and it's now locked unless I comply. I really don't want to give this kind of information to them for absolutely no reason. Is there anything that can be done?
  • 3 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Torg0th,

Ugh, I actually feel the pain you went through with all these changes :(

However, the poker rooms perform these regular checks all the time. Its very standard and its mostly for your personal protection. Once they clear your details, you good to go.

I'm sorry but there is nothing else to be done except you sending in the requested documents.

You can rant here more if you like :D
      Ingrid
    • Torg0th
      Torg0th
      Black
      :(

I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and send them the documents =/

Thank you for your time!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      aww, it's not so bad though :)