[NL2-NL10] NL10 KJo

• jimmiko
      jimmiko
      Bronze
      6 handed,
      Hero: SB 18$ K :spade: J :heart:
      BB: 10$ don't have too many hand about him, seems to be a tag reg, folding to cbet a lot.(~70 hands)

Preflop:
      4 folds, Hero raises to 0.3$, BB calls 0.2$

Flopszomorú ez 0.6$)
      K :club: 2 :club: 4 :diamond:
      Hero bets 0.35$, BB raises to 1.05$, Hero calls 0.75$

Turn(2.7$)
      K :club: 2 :club: 4 :diamond: 5 :heart:
      Hero checks, BB bets 1.65$, Hero calls 1.65$

River(6$)
      K :club: 2 :club: 4 :diamond: 5 :heart: 2 :diamond:
      Hero checks, BB bets 3.7$, Hero?

What's the good line here?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jimmiko,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Flop: Well, first of all you should already CB bigger here than so small, which may easily even induce any kind of raises. I'd bet ~$0,45+. As played and as we get raised it's kinda cruel while we don't even know the opponent. Do you ever expect to see a lot worse Kx hands here? Do you ever expect the opponent to bluff? Do you ever expect the opponent to play aggressively his draws? What kind of AF he had? As you said he was folding a lot to CBets then why does it make you think that he now doesn't have a hand? To avoid exactly such raises and would make us easier to play the hand bet it bigger. So Calling is really up to you what kind of expectations you had on the opponent. You can in some spots Call, in some spots you have to fold.

As played
      Turn: Most likely I'd just Fold it here, while his line already is pretty strong. Doubt that he would even Bet with just draw here. If he has position he would Check them behind.

As played
      River: Well, if you Called the turn, then what did it change on the river? :) You still beat the same hands as on turn so should have an easy answer what to do.

Best Regards.
    • jimmiko
      jimmiko
      Bronze
      Thanks for the judge, and the welcome.
      Well, I thought he could've became so agressive with a draw here. Maybe because blind fight, and he had to fold a lot before, so now up to action. Well, he bet too small for a valuebet, so I thought that might be a semi-bluff or smthing. What his range can be? 22, 44, what he represent, that beat me, other than that, a draw. On the river I became thinking on a fold because his line became too strong for a draw, but yes, a busted draw probably barrels again.
      I'm completely lost in this hand. So you say either fold turn, or if I call turn, I should call river too?
      Oh and I didn't have too much hands on him, so that fold to cbet might be only coincidence.
      His AF was 2.1.

ps.: I called actually, and he had A8, so I somehow won, but I agree with you, that I should fold this on turn. He mostly have stronger hand, maybe even KQ.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, why don't you think he can have a better Kx? :D Better Kx or whatsoever could easily bet the same way for value.

I'm completely lost in this hand. So you say either fold turn, or if I call turn, I should call river too?

Well, as I said already. You are turning your hand into bluff-catcher on the turn with the Check/Call. Then how can you Call the turn and fold the river. :P

ps.: I called actually, and he had A8, so I somehow won, but I agree with you, that I should fold this on turn. He mostly have stronger hand, maybe even KQ.

Well, he could have there whatever, doesn't matter for me. He could as well have AK there.