$1.99
      SB:
      $2.20
      BB:
      $0.80
      UTG1:
      $6.04

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, A.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, MP3 calls $0.06, 3 folds, BB calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.19) 7, 5, T (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.09, MP3 calls $0.09, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.37) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.27, MP3 raises to $0.54, Hero calls $0.27.

River: ($1.45) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.44, MP3 calls $1.44.

Final Pot: $4.33.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, aces(A A).
      MP3 shows a flush, ace high(6 8).

MP3 wins with a flush, ace high(6 8).
  • 10 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi there,

i've moved your hand to downswing reports as it was in the coaching feedback forums which should contain your feedback to coaching sessions and vids.

i would like to sympathize with you and say it was a bad beat but honestly, in my opinion, you didnt play your hand optimally at all. the flop cbet sizing is too small and he is actually correct in calling with an open ended straight draw esp if you always pay him when he hits.

raise size on turn is better although still on the small side, but when he reraises, you need to take a good hard look at the board and your opponent. normally microstakes players have a very good hand when they do such a move so i would be pretty wary already.

regards,
      wendy
    • sucker1952
      sucker1952
      Bronze
      i agree i thing you played the hand pretty badly and aces gets cracked a lot of times by allowing these kind of hands in.

if you pay them off they will keep doing it as its easy money

good luck
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Silver
      The turn wouldn't have made me happy and a min raise is always something to be wary of. Serves two purposes; either it's a donk-type raise (which shows a lot of confidence in unexperienced players) or it's a pot-building raise to enable a large bet on the river. Either way you're boned. To bet out so large on the end is weird cos on a board like that, how often are trips good? Always hard to get away from aces tho, can't say pride doesn't get the best of me in those situations sometimes. Tough one tho not a bad beat.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      well you only raise 3x preflop - standard raise is 4bb +1bb per limper - this alone might have made him fold the hand and would have saved you this money. but probably not lol.

on the flop you should have bet maybe ~$0.15.

on the turn it screams a monster. his line is flat call preflop, call flop and raise turn (also raise is small which should set off alarm bells).

on the river i think is one of the biggest mistakes. you need to ask yourself what hands you beat? is he really raising that turn with just a pair? or even 2pair? it's much more likely he has AT LEAST a set and the only hand you are logically beating here is a set. he will call a pot sized bet with a set here but he also will call with a straight or a flush in which case he has you crushed. i know it's pocket AA, which is a beautiful hand, and i know you river a set with that hand... but still, you dont beat many hands in his range on that river. it sucks but maybe you should have folded to his raise on the turn because more often than not you ARE beaten with that play and that is what matters. but as played i think the river is a check/fold.

don't lose confidence from this, it happens so learn from it. learn what the raise means, but most of all learn not to get married to AA. after all it is onlyyy a pair of aces. post the hand in the hand evaluation forum and see what veriz says
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      +1 to the "bigger bet needed" chorus -- both preflop & on the flop.

Mind you, he might have folded pre -- and there are a host of posts that say, "I hate it when I have AA and everybody folds pre flop".

Such is poker.

A hand is only really good if somebody has one slightly worse.
    • Donkey111
      Donkey111
      Bronze
      True, you didn't play your hand optimally but to be honest, it is quite hard to escape on the turn.

That being said, you were 'only' a 4-to-1 favourite pre and a ~2-to-1 fav on the flop so you have to expect this kind of bad beat regularly. You will see many more and many worse like 2%er hitting on the river. You can pretty much consider this beat as 'standard'.
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      There is a fine line between trapping them with small bets and getting outdrawn.

On the other hand, you might only get the blinds a bit more often if you bet bigger but at least you won't have to bother with these kind of situations as often.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      me personally, i would rather win a small pot with Aces than lose a big pot with it. monster pp tend to be outplayed by the hero postflop more often than not
    • wazawanga
      wazawanga
      Bronze
      yeah it's rigged , you lose AA all the time in online poker

they give this guy three aces on the river so he can lose all his money .... the site give such hands so players can play a big pot in order for rake to be bigger

quit poker

it's rigged!
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      have confidence man