[NL2-NL10] 2nd nuts flash

• Holidej
      Here I called because of implied ods.Ironically I was setting a trap to him. :) I was afraid that he has A :heart: ... In the past same things happened to me exept pot wasn't so big. Question is: is it correct to go with 2nd nuts for stacks, and was it correct in this situation considering that villain is pretty tight player?

Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , 8:heart:
      UTG2 raises to $0.06, MP1 calls $0.06, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.20) J:heart: , T:club: , 3:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.14, MP1 calls $0.14, Hero calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.62) 2:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 checks, MP1 bets $0.29, Hero raises to $1.00, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.71.

River: ($2.62) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero raises $5.07 (All-In), MP1 calls $4.24 (All-In).

Final Pot: $11.93

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows a flush, ace high (Ah Qh)
      Hero shows a flush, king high (Kh 8h)

MP1 wins with a flush, ace high (Ah Qh)
      Hero wins with a flush, king high (Kh 8h)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Holidej,

Preflop: Fold the hand, you are putting way too often yourself into marginal spots and being OOP it will be anyways hard to extract value.

As played
      Postflop: As played I don't already like that much the Check on the turn, I'd most likely just bet myself and then reevaluate our further actions. But as played well, do you ever even expect him to Call the shove for almost 300BB with a lot worse? He has won ~80% of the showdowns so far, so I rarely doubt that, most likely I'd just bet a normal size for value. Neither you don't have the nuts.

Best Regards.