To hit a royal flush

• LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      Dear readers,

welcome to my blog. Not being a lover of long intros or long posts at all, I will try to keep this short but I will most definitely not succeed. Still, please take your time to read as I usually have an interesting writing style. :)

I am a 22 year old Croatian male human being. My life sucks hard at the moment; I have a physically very demanding job which takes the whole day away from me. I also have something like 2000$ debt (electricity bill included, so they might turn if off for me too).

Anyway, I froze my year at the university not to suffer anymore from mental stress of being broke and studying. Now I have 9 months to make my life better by earning some money. I will be working at this hard job I have and playing poker to get out of debt so I could finally be able to eat regularly and other interesting stuff that decent financial situation brings. This is my main goal for these 9 months - make my life better. And that, ladies and gentleman, is what hitting a royal flush means to me.

Also, I have never hit a royal flush in my entire poker playing career. So that too would be fucking nice after something like a million hands I played.

With all this "make my life better" bullshit I have started on 9.11.2011. It is going fine for now, but still no big improvement.

Poker-wise I have played for every single one of those 22 days till now (yeah after spending 5 AM - 5 PM time at job). As for success, I have stormed through NL2 and NL4 on various sites, collected all whooping $320 to one place and deposited to play NL10 and get $320 bonus. Started and went well for a while. Right now I'm in a middle of a colossal hit-no-flop-for-a-shitload-of-hands downswing versus some of the hugest fishes I have seen in my life (I'm really really happy with the network I'm on). See the graph for yourself (it's only NL10):

Even though I feel like shit for losing $260 in a few last days, it's still not a bad month. With rakeback and $35 that I won from being 5/70 in a poker point freeroll I conclude a month with $306,10 profit.

I have cashed out $200 to buy a 19'' monitor and pay back some electricity bills debt. You know, to be able to actually use a monitor. And lights. And laptop to play poker too. Laptop screen is no good for multi-tabling and $130 for a 19'' monitor is a really good deal so I think it was a good decision.

December - the first of "make my life better" 9 months starts with goals which follow in the next post.

Thank you very much to every single person who reads the entire post.
  • 29 replies
    • AleksandarPPA
      AleksandarPPA
      Bronze
      seems ur winning player and you control tilt ... but 1 friendly advice dont play poker tired i lost so much money playing tired ok bye bye now :s_evil:
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      Dear readers,

I present to you:

DECEMBER GOALS !

:evil: Play 42 000 hands
      :evil: Have at least a breakeven month
      :evil: Clear the $320 bonus entirely
      :evil: Get a better job or additional work

----------------------------------------------------

You might wonder why 42 000 hands. It's like this: play 1000 hands per working day. And 2 500 on saturdays and sundays when I'm free from work. 5*1000 + 2*2500 = 10 000 hands per week. 4 weeks in a month = 40 000 hands and 2 more days stay in the month so 1000 hands on those days.

Why do I not aspire to improving my game and turning a profit? Absolutely no time for that. And rakeback earnings on 44 000 hands will do just fine for montly profit! Less result-oriented heavy goals will come into consideration once I'm in less debt.

Clearing $320 bonus is kind of inclusive in the first goal of playing that many hands. Although I have already cleared 45% of it, I will not take a single cent from it until I can have a $320 bomb to boost my bankroll. (Where I play you have to request checking of bonus clearing progress).

Additional work comes in shape of doing programs/projects for retarded people at my IT university. It was my bread and butter while I was studying. Hopefully, someone that needs to pay for things they can't do will get in touch.

Dear readers,
      have a winning game!
    • shacal01
      shacal01
      Bronze
      nice thread! GL with project!

sad malo na hrvatskom: zanima me gdje igraš, ja također trenutno igram od NL4 do NL10 tako da ako si za da možda zamjenimo iskustva preko skajpa najbolje... sretno
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      loving the 19" moniter idea. i think i will be investing soon... :D
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      good luck, wish you best of it all and hoping your electricity and water stays on
    • fanegreu
      fanegreu
      Gold
      I will follow this. Good luck with your goals :s_cool:
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      Dear readers,

I'm glad to inform you that after 1,5 weeks of losing days I've had a good, winning one today. Feels great to start a new month with winnings.

My money still hasn't arrived (damn moneybookers not paying in 4 days) so the monitor thing will have to wait for now.

On the bad side, we had some serious machine malfunctions on job so I will be working for a few more days, probably until 15.12. and then I have no job. :(

Also, I hope pokerstrategy doesn't mind me writing a blog here while playing untracked. It's a shame really, I would be platinum by Xmas. :s_cool:

Have a nice evening.

EDIT: Oh and Ingrid, why would you post elephants ass to me?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      well, I love elephants and always draw elephants everywhere and I thought it was funny, :( seems not...

Glad you had a nice winning session, hope it keep continues!
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      Nice blog LudiCoka ;)

I'm sure you can crush NL10 and book a nice winning and in no more than 2 months pay most of your debt.

gl at the tables!

will be reading
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      Dear readers,

today I received my $200 from moneybookers and immediately went to town to buy that 19'' monitor I was talking about. But then they told me right there that it was broken and sent to be repaired. Of course, I didn't believe a thing they said, I think they just didn't respect our agreement to wait with sail till Friday. So I went for a little walk over something like a dozen shops. And then there it was. I fell in love with it right after I saw it. A 22,5'' monitor that glows in the dark.

Salesman said that the price is $320. I responded with a question what about that one right there in the storefront. He said that it is the one that was repaired and it's not for sale, only for storefront. After a little bargain and paperwork how to sell an item that isn't an article in database, I convinced him to sell it to me for $165. Damn, I'm charming! I also got 15 months warranty for it.

Then as I was walking home with it I found $5 in a supermarket parking lot where I pass by on my way home. Something tells me this is a good day. :)

By the way, I'm typing this looking at a huge screen in front of me. Makes me happy. I hope you find something that makes you happy today too.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      nice one! i want a glow in the dark tv :(
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LudiCoka
      Dear readers,

today I received my $200 from moneybookers and immediately went to town to buy that 19'' monitor I was talking about. But then they told me right there that it was broken and sent to be repaired. Of course, I didn't believe a thing they said, I think they just didn't respect our agreement to wait with sail till Friday. So I went for a little walk over something like a dozen shops. And then there it was. I fell in love with it right after I saw it. A 22,5'' monitor that glows in the dark.

Salesman said that the price is $320. I responded with a question what about that one right there in the storefront. He said that it is the one that was repaired and it's not for sale, only for storefront. After a little bargain and paperwork how to sell an item that isn't an article in database, I convinced him to sell it to me for $165. Damn, I'm charming! I also got 15 months warranty for it.

Then as I was walking home with it I found $5 in a supermarket parking lot where I pass by on my way home. Something tells me this is a good day. :)

By the way, I'm typing this looking at a huge screen in front of me. Makes me happy. I hope you find something that makes you happy today too.
      nice :D
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      Dear readers,

that 42 000 hands goal I've set is a really great one. I can tell you that because I'm managing it for now, but it's really hard for me. Well, that was the point - to do my maximum.

I made 7 or 8 bigger mistakes today which costed me ~$40. I felt pretty stupid after this one; raised BU with 78s, BB called and I hit 5 6 9 flop. Villain bet, I raised and he called. Then he overbet shoves another 5 on a turn. And I was stupid enough to call that versus a completely passive fish. Terrible and stupid play. Best case scenario there is that he also has 78. But vast majority of time he has full/quads there. That kind of opponent is check-calling A5 too. That was really stupid of me.

Due to stupid costly mistakes I will now be doing 15 push-ups for each bigger mistake I make. So at least my chest muscles will be strong if I lose some money. Get something good out of something bad. Also, that will probably keep me even more tilt resistant.

I have also decided to put weekly reviews including graph/graphs every Sunday. If I play on schedule that would make 10 000 hands graphs for you to laugh at or enjoy.

If any of you are reading this but not posting, just bump in anything because it makes me more motivated to know people are keeping an eye on my progress.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Due to stupid costly mistakes I will now be doing 15 push-ups for each bigger mistake I make

rofl thats funny cos i was gunna start doing that! only problem is when i make mistakes i don't know if they are mistakes or bad luck half of the time :f_eek:

i'm following btw ;)
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      Dear readers,

after making some bigger mistakes and tilting a little after I don't really know how much time, I managed to gather my composure and play decently for the rest of the weekend. I was running average and there were plenty of fish and that equals pretty good success. I managed (barely) to play on schedule for goals. And I even finished before midnight and will post this before midnight. That feels excellent.

Here's the December's first Sunday graph:

Hopefully I will manage to not lose more than I won until now for the rest of the month :f_biggrin:

Played that volume like a boss! :s_cool:

Stay positive and good luck at the tables.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LudiCoka

what limit is this at? nl10?
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      Yes. I play exclusively NL10 4max games. Due to cashouts my bankroll is growing too slow to be on NL25 1 month from depositing 320$. If I don't say otherwise, expect all the graphs to be purely NL10 4max :) .
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      ok. ive never known a site to have 4max tables i thought it was just 2/6/9/10max. im still trying to push my way into nl10 with only 20BI. its very irritating! will post a graph in my blog at the end of the month.
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      Dear readers,

I'm having a horrible week. For most of it I've been card dead. And when I did hit, I got sucked out on. Well, at least got only 2-3 coolers in form of set over set. But on the contrary to last week, I did not make any bigger mistakes. I do realize it's that fucking variance but it still hurts badly due to my financial situation.

I have decided to take rest of the day off to relax. I didn't play 10 000 hands as I'm supposed to in order to achieve goals but I'm free from job Monday and Tuesday so I will catch up with volume. Right now I just need to relax a little, I just can't stand much more of that running bad shit.

Here's a retarded graph:

I also found out some good news; it seems that I'm standing good in a rake race I didn't even know is running. Currently at a place which pays $125 and from what I've seen these last few days, I should be able to remain on this position for the rest of the month if I manage to be on track to my goals.

Sincere hopes you run better than me.