$10.00
      BU:
      $12.45
      SB:
      $10.05
      BB:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, K.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 7, 6, 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.54, BB raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $9.60, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled 'mbet back.

Final Pot: $2.35.

Maybe this is a way ahead / way behind situation and I shouldn't go all in and call instead..
  • 2 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Depends on the player really any stats?

Vs Unknown:

Bet slightly larger on the flop .65 to .70

If the player looks quite fishy - I just raise $3 and hope he calls with A,8 A,4 7,8 etc. And then play according to turn. If he shoves after raise I insta-call and expect him to be drawing to the straight.

If the player is looking liek a TAG or NIT I call and re-evaluate turn as this could be a set or the nuts, could also still be straight draw, but those players are not calling your shove here imo. Turn card would decide whether I would try and see cheap S/D or fold.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Depends on the player really any stats?

Vs Unknown:

Bet slightly larger on the flop .65 to .70

If the player looks quite fishy - I just raise $3 and hope he calls with A,8 A,4 7,8 etc. And then play according to turn. If he shoves after raise I insta-call and expect him to be drawing to the straight.

If the player is looking liek a TAG or NIT I call and re-evaluate turn as this could be a set or the nuts, could also still be straight draw, but those players are not calling your shove here imo. Turn card would decide whether I would try and see cheap S/D or fold.
      +1

If you overbet shove then you only get called by better hands
      I would prefer b/c flop to then decide on the turn if I want to get all-in.