This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl10 Sh Kk

• Ormtunga
      Ormtunga
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $12.77
      MP3:
      $10.15
      CO (Hero):
      $10.00
      BU:
      $12.45
      SB:
      $10.05
      BB:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, K.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 7, 6, 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.54, BB raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $9.60, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled 'mbet back.

Final Pot: $2.35.

Maybe this is a way ahead / way behind situation and I shouldn't go all in and call instead..
  • 2 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Depends on the player really any stats?

Vs Unknown:

Bet slightly larger on the flop .65 to .70

If the player looks quite fishy - I just raise $3 and hope he calls with A,8 A,4 7,8 etc. And then play according to turn. If he shoves after raise I insta-call and expect him to be drawing to the straight.

If the player is looking liek a TAG or NIT I call and re-evaluate turn as this could be a set or the nuts, could also still be straight draw, but those players are not calling your shove here imo. Turn card would decide whether I would try and see cheap S/D or fold.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Depends on the player really any stats?

Vs Unknown:

Bet slightly larger on the flop .65 to .70

If the player looks quite fishy - I just raise $3 and hope he calls with A,8 A,4 7,8 etc. And then play according to turn. If he shoves after raise I insta-call and expect him to be drawing to the straight.

If the player is looking liek a TAG or NIT I call and re-evaluate turn as this could be a set or the nuts, could also still be straight draw, but those players are not calling your shove here imo. Turn card would decide whether I would try and see cheap S/D or fold.
      +1

If you overbet shove then you only get called by better hands
      I would prefer b/c flop to then decide on the turn if I want to get all-in.