This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 10NL SH Floped set!Thin value bet?

• hardo
      hardo
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $10.10
      BU (Hero):
      $10.00
      SB:
      $11.26
      BB:
      $13.86
      MP3:
      $8.36

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8, 8.
      MP3 raises to $0.30, CO folds, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.75) T, A, 8 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.50, MP3 calls $1.10.

Turn: ($3.75) 7 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $2.14, MP3 calls $2.14.

River: ($8.03) 9 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $8.03.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, eights(8h 8d).
      MP3 shows a straight, jack high(Ac Js).

MP3 wins with a straight, jack high(Ac Js).

Vilan is playing 65/25 very passive post flop!And continues if he only flop's something even gotshot's,botom pair and monster's he like's to call flop,turn and min reaise on the river!
      So it's this a thin value bet or a check behind!And the turn bet is it to small a did calculated and i had a easy shove on the river but maibe i should bet more?
      Thx
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello hardo,

Flop: Well, I'd firstly even advice that you should raise it bigger right on flop, my raise would be ~$1,80-2 even. :) Which is pretty much pot size raise.
      Turn: If he called you on the flop then most likely he will also call on the turn, so I'd definitely bet it bigger here as well, ~$3,40 at least. You gave him very good odds if he even was drawing.

As played
      River: Nothing much to do while most of the draws got there and it's not a great spot for a thin value. Don't really see many hands what we beat and pay us.

Best Regards.
    • hardo
      hardo
      Bronze
      Thx Veriz!I agree with the bigger bet's,pot flop pot turn!If i take'd that line on the turn a pot bet wood be like 4,5$ something like that villan will have left about 2$ for the river!So could i just overbet turn for his 2$ left behind or just pot it normal and on a good river bet his remaining 2$?
      Thank you!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by hardo
      Thx Veriz!I agree with the bigger bet's,pot flop pot turn!If i take'd that line on the turn a pot bet wood be like 4,5$ something like that villan will have left about 2$ for the river!So could i just overbet turn for his 2$ left behind or just pot it normal and on a good river bet his remaining 2$?
      Thank you!
      Guess it wouldn't matter anyways that much. You can as well just ship it but make a ~$4 bet and ship the river. He would be doing a mistake anyways if he is calling just with draw.