[NL2-NL10] 10NL SH Floped set!Thin value bet?

• hardo
      hardo
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $10.10
      BU (Hero):
      $10.00
      SB:
      $11.26
      BB:
      $13.86
      MP3:
      $8.36

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8, 8.
      MP3 raises to $0.30, CO folds, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.75) T, A, 8 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.50, MP3 calls $1.10.

Turn: ($3.75) 7 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $2.14, MP3 calls $2.14.

River: ($8.03) 9 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $8.03.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, eights(8h 8d).
      MP3 shows a straight, jack high(Ac Js).

MP3 wins with a straight, jack high(Ac Js).

Vilan is playing 65/25 very passive post flop!And continues if he only flop's something even gotshot's,botom pair and monster's he like's to call flop,turn and min reaise on the river!
      So it's this a thin value bet or a check behind!And the turn bet is it to small a did calculated and i had a easy shove on the river but maibe i should bet more?
      Thx
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello hardo,

Flop: Well, I'd firstly even advice that you should raise it bigger right on flop, my raise would be ~$1,80-2 even. :) Which is pretty much pot size raise.
      Turn: If he called you on the flop then most likely he will also call on the turn, so I'd definitely bet it bigger here as well, ~$3,40 at least. You gave him very good odds if he even was drawing.

As played
      River: Nothing much to do while most of the draws got there and it's not a great spot for a thin value. Don't really see many hands what we beat and pay us.

Best Regards.
    • hardo
      hardo
      Bronze
      Thx Veriz!I agree with the bigger bet's,pot flop pot turn!If i take'd that line on the turn a pot bet wood be like 4,5$ something like that villan will have left about 2$ for the river!So could i just overbet turn for his 2$ left behind or just pot it normal and on a good river bet his remaining 2$?
      Thank you!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by hardo
      Thx Veriz!I agree with the bigger bet's,pot flop pot turn!If i take'd that line on the turn a pot bet wood be like 4,5$ something like that villan will have left about 2$ for the river!So could i just overbet turn for his 2$ left behind or just pot it normal and on a good river bet his remaining 2$?
      Thank you!
      Guess it wouldn't matter anyways that much. You can as well just ship it but make a ~$4 bet and ship the river. He would be doing a mistake anyways if he is calling just with draw.