This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl4 Should I bet this River?

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      SB:
      $5.02
      BB:
      $9.06
      Hero:
      $4.62
      MP3:
      $5.87
      CO:
      $9.52
      BU:
      $4.98

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:heart: , J:club:
      Hero raises to $0.12, 4 folds, BB raises to $0.38, Hero calls $0.26.

Flop: ($0.78) 8:club: , 7:spade: , 3:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.58, Hero calls $0.58.

Turn: ($1.94) 4:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.87, BB calls $0.87.

River: ($3.68) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $3.68

Should I maybe have half-potted this river or was the more cautious approach ok too? I'm all ears guys...

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Ghartman,

Preflop: What's the first reason for Calling the 3bet there? Do you expect him to 3bet light or what was the reason behind it?

As played
      Postflop: Nah, if you are betting the river then you can as well just ship it. :D Although there ain't gonna be many worse hands which pay you anyways. I'd rather Bet the turn ~$1,40 and then Check it behind on the river.

Best Regards.
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Hi veriz,

My reason for calling the 3-bet was he 3-betting me nearly every time I raised, so I decided to take a stand with a decent hand. The flop came low but this guy was betting massive on every flop anyway so I didn't give him too much credit this time.

Trust me, some of my plays may look a bit wacky but there is usually some thought and motive behind my actions and I'm definitely taking on board 'planning ahead' and am not getting too stranded in a hand, like I used to. I appreciate your feedback though.

Thanks