[NL2-NL10] nl 4 should I Check-Raise This Turn?

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      SB:
      $4.93
      Hero:
      $8.69
      MP2:
      $6.79
      MP3:
      $3.6
      CO:
      $2.53
      BU:
      $5

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: , 6:heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.16, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.34) A:heart: , Q:spade: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.34, Hero calls $0.34.

Turn: ($1.02) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.02, Hero calls $1.02.

River: ($3.06) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.53, CO raises to $1.01 (All-In).

Final Pot: $5.60

I know the money all went in anyway but, in a similar situation with maybe a bigger stacked villain, should I check-raise the turn or is the check-call for bluff-induce ok, if villain maybe has top set etc...? I didn't want to see the board pair on the river though! What do you think?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Ghartman,

Preflop: Man, you burning money with such a loose calling range. You don't even have a plan for postflop most likely, you don't know the opponent. Just fold the hand! Or either 3bet/Fold.

As played
      Postflop: Doubt that you can play it much differently here but I strongly advice not to play such hands if you don't even know what you doing. :(

Best Regards.
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      I hear you but, with all due respect, I'm trying to balance my range. I'm reading 'Harrington on Cash' at the moment and he says that calling with Ace or King small suited every now and then can throw villain off and leave them confused. It gives me the opportunity to obviously hit a good flush as you can see, sometimes. I knew I was folding the turn if I didn't like it and I definitely wasn't getting the odds to call on the flop but I feel it's important, every now and then, for opponents to see that you can mix it up a litle.

This guy was raising a hell of a lot so I knew he had a very wide range. I fully respect your opinion though.

Thanks
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Ghartman
      I hear you but, with all due respect, I'm trying to balance my range. I'm reading 'Harrington on Cash' at the moment and he says that calling with Ace or King small suited every now and then can throw villain off and leave them confused. It gives me the opportunity to obviously hit a good flush as you can see, sometimes. I knew I was folding the turn if I didn't like it and I definitely wasn't getting the odds to call on the flop but I feel it's important, every now and then, for opponents to see that you can mix it up a litle.

This guy was raising a hell of a lot so I knew he had a very wide range. I fully respect your opinion though.

Thanks
      Well, before you gonna give my any good reason to make such calls and any further plans I rarely doubt that you gonna play those hands profitable. Just that he says to call such hands doesn't make that you gonna play in long run them very profitable. But rather you gonna loose a lot, since your Kx is way too often gonna be dominated.
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      i dont think that you must balance your range at nlh4!
      i will supriced if anyone even noticed that you called with K6s here

btw did you win the hand ?:)
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w4terman
      i dont think that you must balance your range at nlh4!
      i will supriced if anyone even noticed that you called with K6s here

btw did you win the hand ?:)
      I appreciate what you're saying but I'm just practising and trying to fine-tune my game for if/when I move up to higher levels. I want to have a standard game that translates well to all levels, so I'm ironing out any problems and trying to introduce new facets to my game as early as possible so it just becomes standard.