[NL2-NL10] AQs semi bluff allin for value

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      so this big stack decides to 3bet my AQ, and instead of just closing up shop and folding, i stick around to hit a nice nut flush draw on flop.

I'm checking the flop for pot control, because i want to see turn and dont want to have to CALL all in, i want to donk the turn if i miss, and it just happens to be a king, which is within my calling range preflop and postflop. so i shove hoping to get fold equity out of my opponent. if he calls i can hit an ace or heart or broadway on river, but im pretty sure he's not calling without a set in this case trip jacks or something of that nature.

I actually wanted to bet less on turn, but I kept thinking to myself:
      theres just no way i can bet less then all in here without him thinking i'm bluffing, plus it gives him horrible price to continue with any draw he might have or whatnot.

Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 1540114
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG+2: $2.15
      MP1: $6.29
      MP2: $3.77
      CO: $12.29
      BTN: $4.75
      SB: $2.04
      BB: $2.26
      UTG: $6.50
      Hero (UTG+1): $5.37

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG+1 with A :heart: Q :heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.24, 3 folds, CO raises to $0.55, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.31

Flop: ($1.17) 2 :heart: J :heart: 9 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.17) K :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.82 all in, CO folds
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ilovemagic,

Preflop: What's the reason for Calling in first place against the 3bet? Do you think he is capable 3betting lighter. Was he tight/loose/aggressive or what kind of player? By just flatting and hoping for a hit you wont play your hand profitable. Especially when being OOP.

As played
      Postflop: Well, your play doesn't make that much sense. Especially here you can't even Call with the implied odds on the flop, since I doubt that you will even get so often his whole stack to make it profitable in long run. For that given reason I'd also rather consider folding the hand or just getting it in right on the flop depending on my expectations on the opponents range.

Best Regards.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      he was a tight player who didnt play many hands. i agree with you though i shouldve folded on the flop in the long run, maybe even preflop. but with the suited ace with big kicker i at least like to see flop sometimes, not all the time and especially if i have a good read on my opponent and especially not oop. just thought i would throw the hand down for eval. because something just didnt feel right about shoving there :)

EDIT: actually..after seeing the starting hands chart and watching you play, something just didnt feel right the minute i called the preflop 3 bet lol
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ilovemagic
      he was a tight player who didnt play many hands. i agree with you though i shouldve folded on the flop in the long run, maybe even preflop. but with the suited ace with big kicker i at least like to see flop sometimes, not all the time and especially if i have a good read on my opponent and especially not oop. just thought i would throw the hand down for eval. because something just didnt feel right about shoving there :)
      Well, at least you don't post only loosing hands. :)
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Originally posted by ilovemagic
      Well, at least you don't post only loosing hands. :)
      i hardly ever lose at the micros after what ive learned. im +$80 on the week since ive got the coaching sessions and started plugging the biggest leaks bit by bit :) SINGLE TABLING I MIGHT ADD :) :) :)