Need Help here for BSS

• 22 replies
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Absolutely, stick with the charts if u r a beginners at BSS plus, follow all the coaching live here on Pokerstrategy.com that are nutz and post all the hands where you have doudt :)

It should helps you a lot for start! ;)
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey supermagicpro,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com and the community.
      Congratulation on passing the quiz and receiving the $50 free starting capital.

The charts that are open to you are 100% correct for the "new to the game beginner".
      It will help you make the easiest decisions and guide you through the early stages of the game.

As you progress the game will open up and you will be able to play more hands. But for now stick to the charts and learn the basics of the game.

Goodluck.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey supermagicpro,

Welcome to the Community!

The advice above is pretty much solid so I suggest following it as much as possible.

All I wanted to add here is that we are running an NL Beginners Course that caters for all NL BSS players, which would be an excellent idea for you.

The link is in my signature and if you have any questions, just ask :)

Best wishes,
      Gary
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      Yes you should use the Starting hand chart especially if you are just getting started with the game/limits.
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      Hi everybody. (I hope it isn' a problem to I write in this topic)

I didn't write this forum yet. I wrote on the hungarian forum (my mother language) but I found that most of them not very helpful they not even answer my questions. I thought maybe I have better luck (or more helpful people) on this forum. (I sorry if my grammar isn't perfect)

I started to play online poker at early of october (before then I play live poker and I wasn't half-bad). I started on Party Poker 28-29$ (i didn't know this page back than). Firstly I started to play freerolls but then I realize playing a Freeroll is more or less is gambling. Sure I can get ITM but if I don't win (or be at least in top 5) not even worth the time to play. So I started to play cash game. I read the beginner articles in this page and started to play NL2 (because of my bankroll). Firtsly it went good I won a few $ but then it became a roller coaster. I stucked beetween 30$ and 40$. Once I reached 38$ but I cannot get further (now I'm at 31$).

So I ask some question but I didn't get answers. So I started to search on the internet. Most of the articles said the same thing about micro-limit: don't bluff, don't slowplay, make more value bet, don't be concerned about my image etc. And in a few articles was mention what I've been looking for.

The main question was about raising. When I looked my statics and I see when I lost the most. At preflop raising and cbet.

For example. There is a situation. I'm at the button and I get AQ and everybody fold before me, so I raise to 0.08, the SB fold and the BB call. The flop is 7TK. Not the best flop but I can cbet so I do. He call. Not too good. The turn doesn't help me so as the river. He show his hand and he got 78. Bottom pair with a medium kicker so he get my money. This was only one example but there was a tons of situation like this. Then I started to think why should I raise with speculativ cards before flop. If I hit the flop I can raise and the weak players will pay me off if I don't hit the flop than there is no need to put money in the pot. Bluffing will not help he play no fold'em hold'em, he won't fold his bottom pair or his gutshot straight draw.

So I started limp with marginal hand in SB, BU and CO but i found that get a winning hand on the flop not happen very often but mostly I can make bet with medium strong hand (TPTK, Overpair). At 50% they pay me off still we get to the river when they sometime fold (of course sometime he get a good card at the river, but not to often.) The problem is with these medium strong hands I'm not brave to make fat bet mostly make bet size of the pot 1/2-3/4.

So here is the main problem. Look at a typical session. I started to play with 2$, after 2-3 blind round 1. Nobody raise me before 2. I get a hands which I can play 3. In late or blind position 4. I hit the flop and I have a medium strong hand 5. I bet and 1 player call my bets until the river -> I won 0.25-0.30$

After another 2-3 blind I get a medium pocket pair, somebody raise but i call. The flop didn't hit me, he raise big I fold and I'm again at 2$ so I can start over again.
      So with this super-tight strategy I barely found situation where I can make money but I can still easily lost it if I play with medium pocket pair.

So here are my questions.
      1. Should I not playing with anything but QQ+ if somebody raise before me.
      2. Like I said I read a few articles where been said in this stake the limping with speculative hands is better than raising - and when I see most of the players don't fold their hands no matter what I do I think these articles are right. But still I barely win money with these type of hands. Should I play differently with speculative hands.
      3. What about with AK? When I know there will be a raise after me (30%> PFR) then I should fold my AK? I mean it's the best speculative hand but it still a speculative hand. Most of the time the AK won't find nothing on the board and in a game where they hardly fold the AK worth as much as AQ, KQ or any speculative hand.
      And after these are questions the main question is: there really exist a strategy which can beat NL2 or this nothing else but gambling at this level and only at the higher stake can I find real poker?

I'll say thanks for any help.
    • musashi87
      musashi87
      Gold
      Sorry, I tried but I couldn't go through more than 10 line of text above.
      So all I can say right now is tl;dr.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi jeszkar,

that's a giant wall of text and very difficult to read through. i suggest putting spaces and paragraphs next time so more members are able to help you. maybe in hungarian forum they couldn't read through the whole text as well.

some answers for you:
      - yes i believe there is definitely a strategy that can beat NL2. it is much easier to beat than higher limits.
      - i see that you are silver status. there are many articles on this site which can help you. have you taken the time to read them?
      - when you open raise AK and another person raises after you preflop, that is called a 3bet so you should not look at PFR% but the 3bet stat

i would also suggest joining the beginner's course (the link is in my sig)
      that should help you in building solid fundamentals for your game.

smiles,
      wendy
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      Thanks, I edit my post. And at the hungarian forum they didn't help me because of my big post, they just say stupid joke. Like when I read poker articles said i learn a lot they said my biology studies don't will help me. (get it because I don't ?( ) Or just said to the other forum members don't care about this stupid bull (me).

And about your tips. I know what 3-bet mean but not always have enough info about his 3-beat ration. And if he make 3-bet, the AK not enought good to 4-bet (I think only tha AA and KK good enough for this.) The main problem my with the AK is the same as with AQ, AJ, KQ etc. There are so many calling station player whoes don't even think about the fold even if they have weak hand. AK could win but only if it find something, bluff won't help.

Silver status: I get it not to long ago. I don't know why i just get an e-mail about I have silver.

Beat Micro-limit: First is start play with the begginer guide but I think tha guide think most of the player at low stake know what they're doing. When I raise with no premium hand I feel I just give them my money. At the live poker what I played before not always the best hand win but at this microstake so many time we get to the showdown where - obviously - the best hand win.
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      the articles here at pokerstrategy answer almost all of your questions!

read them!!
      study them!!
      practice!!!

at the start your main problem should not be your profit!
      dont look your bankroll every hand you are playing

try to study the game found your leaks and improve...

profit is the result of your hard work! if you dont work hard you cant have a profit
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      Since I got silver I'm do and I certainly will but I find that most of the articles about NL25. I really like to play NL25 but then I need 625$. And until not even able to lost the chains of the NL2 it won't help a lot.

"at the start your main problem should not be your profit!"
      I think this is a contradiction. If i play poker I like to win money. I don't play because I want blow away my money. If I play right I should able to win (of course not every hand, but nobody can win every hand). If I don't win while I learn and play the right strategy then I start to think it's not the right strategy.

This is not rocket science. I can see exatly how much I've been improved during two months: a few dollar and that's not much. So I can assume somehing not right about my game and because I started to play with the begginer guide I can only assume that's stategy is for higher stake (NL10, NL25 i don't know).
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      many of our members were able to use this guide successfully through the microstakes. do you play BSS? it would be really hard to point out leaks in your game through general discussion. i think it might be a good next step for you to start posting your hands in the hand evaluation boards and see whether you played them correctly. :)

also, i will repeat my suggestion of joining the beginner's course so that a coach can guide you through the early stages.
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      I will do both when I figgured out how to do.
      Edit: I think i figgured out.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Cool jeszcar :) all you need to do is ask my friend :D

To post a hand first of all you need to be using some tracking software like HEM or PT or our very own (and very much free) PokerStrategy.com elephant that you can find by Clicking on meee

Tracking software is great it lets you see the stats of all the other players at your table in real time such as how often they play a pot how aggressive they are etc, it also allows you to mark down interesting hands you want to review later on.

Once you have a hand you open the text version of it copy/paste it into a hand converter and then paste it into the forum sounds daunting at first but it really is super easy.

Let me know if you get stuck

Regards
      Carl
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      I try out a bunch of these software. First I tried the Elephant but It was good only for statics and watch again my hands. The Hud was only a bunch of number for me.
      Then I tried HM2 but it doesn't work properly. HM1 was good but the trial was short. Then I tried a bunch of software but neither was good enough (I think) latter I managed to run HM2 properly but my trial was almost ending and I find that the HUD always mess up and I have to fix it everytime.

A few days ago I want to launch the elephant but now it don't work. It has some problem with postgres, so now I try to reinstall everything again.

And I'm not sure I tried PT3 out yet.

And you call me jeszcar because it sounds more threatening or more kool? :)
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      lol sorry typo jeszkar thats better :)

Sigh postgres i always have problems with this thing and can never fix them myself you should go to the software section of our forum and ask the guys there they are way smarter than me and can probs help you out a lot faster than i am :) as for the numbers in the Hud try reading these articles:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/others/1780/1/

and

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/others/1781/1/

Hope this helps you

Carl
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      I managed to connect to a new database but know all of my hand history is empty. This software doesn't like me X(

EDIT: OK now i get back some my hands.
      EDIT2: Unforunatly I still not get it how to convert. I open the hand history in the elephant, i choose a hand, at text control-c - control-v I push convert but nothing happen.
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      A little help for my last post?
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hmm the best place to post it would be the Elephant software board so that our experts will be able to answer.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1467

i will also try to flag your thread and try to get them to wander over here if possible :D

smiles,
      wendy
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      Like I said I managed to launch elephant and I get back some of my hands but I can't really use hand corverter. I ctrl-c the text after I choose my hand and I paste into the converter but nothing happens.