• xdowntimex
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: , J:club:
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.06, SB folds, Hero calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.13) Q:spade: , J:spade: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.23, BU calls $0.17.

Turn: ($0.59) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, BU calls $0.32.

River: ($1.23) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.61, Hero calls $0.61.

Final Pot: $2.45

Ok so im playing oop with a little read on player whos very fishy and doesnt like to give up pot with a fight

Ive check raised flop to get a bearing of where im at ....he called and not reraised so I put myself ahead and put him on a range of A high holding ace of spades and he will continue to chase FL or even STR8 draw if hes holding AK or AT ....

So I cbet turn as it seems a safe card to me and with a second 9 on the river i feel this is a safe card too so i check to see if there is some kind of bluff on the river.........

Thoughts on if my line taken was correct or should i have just played bet /fold
      flop, turn and river...
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello xdowntimex,

Preflop: If he is very fishy then how do you plan to play your hand profitable? By just calling and hoping for a hit you wont do very profitable. Especially when you ain't able to lay down mid-pairs while you don't even expect him to bluff.

Postflop: Well, I don't really like to build up the pot. Especially when we are OOP and the board is way too dangerous for us. If he bets so small why don't you just Call and be happy if even getting those odds? You ain't laying down any better hands nor any draws. Don't like that much your play here, especially the river, I mean what do you beat there? Just missed draw and that's it but you don't even have the information that he can be bluffing. Especially after our line by Check/Raising the flop & betting the turn. Do you really think he is still capable bluffing?

Best Regards.