about 180 man

• 6 replies
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Pretty sure thats a running good graph considering the variance in 180man.
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      While a graph is nice to look at I think the better form of information is the actual numbers.

Basically I would want to see the number value of Amount Money won and Adjusted Money won but from the graph you have been running pretty badly below ev but you should still be winning some money in this blind level.

Also look at the entire span of the tournament instead of one segment. :)
    • bonebt
      bonebt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AaronLambert
      While a graph is nice to look at I think the better form of information is the actual numbers.

Basically I would want to see the number value of Amount Money won and Adjusted Money won but from the graph you have been running pretty badly below ev but you should still be winning some money in this blind level.

Also look at the entire span of the tournament instead of one segment. :)
      I'm using PT3 and dont think that it has that kind of filter :(

yea i'm a wining overall, but last month (October) i had played ~1500 of this 180s man and villains keep hitting 2-3 outer on me before bubble or ITM crippling me out so i was just wondering is this standard or i'm just running bad, and this is not even taking in calculations setups or when u run into cooler top range, so imo i run pretty much awful at FT and ITM and i was just wondering is this standard variation for 180s (one should expect that he will like always run under expectation like big time) cos running like 400BB under EV in 400/800 blinds level and above is pretty huge imo cos avg stack is less than 15bb in those spots

btw i dont think that looking in all hands in all blind level in tournaments will give accurate picture of the situation cos nature of MTT is like that for ex. if u win hand early when u have like 30bb++ will statistically even up when u lose 2-3 hands at FT when avg stack is 10-15bb(or 2-3 spots when u r way ahead). and first flip is less important then last 2 flips cos ICM and stuff, + loosing important big hands on bubble, ITM and FT cripple u and it cost more in $$, and u got to change whole strategy to continue,
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      Well the graph suggests your running bad and yes its standard but its hardly seeing the whole picture based on this graph you could still be running very well. For example the tournaments you didn't get bad beated out of you go on to cooler people (which is not displayed on an allin ev graph) and get top 2 spots at a high rate. 180's are very top heavys and this is far more important then getting 2 outed for 15$ worth of equity at a 2.50.

I would only look at graphs to improve your game as a longtime winner. Theres more misleading and useless stats then in cash games .Just play for first and dont worry about bubbles and bad beats and you will succeed at 180's. Volumes most important.

Dont worry im sure your a winner based on that graph and most likely running bad. 180's are the easiest game in poker just stick with it
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      ^^^What he said

Although I don't think 180's easy, I'd say they are fast becoming one of the tougher forms, you are lucky to get 2-3 fish per table nowadays at 15s+
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      yep so 80 table 3 rebuy :D 30 cent of rake for 10$ buyins with 2.50's and 8's there easy because of the volumn