Race for Supernova..

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I was thinking about making a race to SN for all people aiming for it Next year.

To keep it all fair I would like to limit it to $10 SnG/MTT Players... (if this is unfair then can be arranged different I don't play SnG) and I think up to NL50 Cash game players.

Maybe all put $5 down and if we get 10 players+ split the pool between 3 players anything less and first to Supernova takes all.

Maybe we can get a trusted admin to hold the $5, confirm entries, handle the payouts and handle sitting down to see SN status for verification they are there first?

This is all just an idea if you think bits should be changed open to everything.

If this is against T&C then is there anyway Pokerstrategy could run this given the lack of promos you guys hold for Pokerstars - I'm starting to feel left out here ya know :(
  • 23 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Good idea Mardy!

Looking forward to this! Now, who's in?

Ingrid
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Damn, thought people might wanna do this
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      First of all, I would move the thread into the stars forum. I think, there will be more people who find it. Maybe Ingrid can do this.

Second point: I think, many people do not want to stay on NL50 the whole time. If they are winning player on NL50, they want to move up instead of playing 100K VPP on NL50. Therefore, I am afraid that will find not many players.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      ^^ Hopefully so MMB, just going to need to give it some time :)

I would enter but don't have near enough the time, the roll and the durability for such a task :(

Gl with this great initiative though!

Gary
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle

I would enter but don't have near enough the time, the roll and the durability for such a task :(

Gary
      You can just donate $5 - I don't mind :f_biggrin:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum

Gary
      You can just donate $5 - I don't mind :f_biggrin:
      Deal.... if you pay for my wedding? :f_biggrin: :D
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Father of the bride mate - If you are marrying my daughter I'll pay :D
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze

Gary
      Is that what the Roscommon football team say at the start of every Connacht championship Gary ;)

I just couldn't help myself bud,sorry

As Brian Badonde the famous bart critic would say,have a bunderful bay bud
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Father of the bride mate - If you are marrying my daughter I'll pay :D
      :D

Originally posted by 1984ioc
      Is that what the Roscommon football team say at the start of every Connacht championship Gary :)
      Well played Sir!

Credit, where credit is due on that one :D
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Im interested, been playing 6 max hypers so will need to play 62,500 $7 to reach supernova next year :f_cool:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      moved to Stars, although I though in GPD gets a little more exposure. up to you guys.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      moved to Stars, although I though in GPD gets a little more exposure. up to you guys.
      Fine to leave here - Looks like a non-starter anyway - Will bump it up until the 31st December - If we have a few people then we'll go with it - If not then never mind - Least I tried to make some kinda effort :D
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Silicernium
      First of all, I would move the thread into the stars forum. I think, there will be more people who find it. Maybe Ingrid can do this.

Second point: I think, many people do not want to stay on NL50 the whole time. If they are winning player on NL50, they want to move up instead of playing 100K VPP on NL50. Therefore, I am afraid that will find not many players.
      Like I said nothing is final and all details could be changed - I just want someone to race with on my level tbh - Even if I have no chance of winning, can still race against a player playing same limits if that makes sense.
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      well, if you'r playing currently NL50, then why not just make it with moving up in limits?
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by phantommm92
      well, if you'r playing currently NL50, then why not just make it with moving up in limits?
      I'm playing NL25 to start next year.
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      so in a whole year, you'r planning to move up only to nl50? i mean i don't want to be a deuch, but if you do work on your game and put volume in, nl400 could easily be achievable, and reaching SN along with it.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Yeah I plan to start at NL25 - Move to NL50 then bank any profit made (after coaching) for a shot at SNE in 2013 where I will be once again getting coaching if I feel I need it.

I have committed myself to playing poker and trying to make it a decent income for the next two years - I am in no rush to get through the stakes, as long as I am making a profit.

I've rushed through before, and know how hard the crashes can be, and how it affects me. This way I can maintain a roll all year pretty easily and if the worst happens I can just deposit from my wages and be back on my way at NL25 or NL50.

I start on the 1st of Jan with a $1,250 roll, gold/platinum on stars, and playing NL25 I could (best outlook) be SN by April, but it looks to be more likely (if I haven't moved up stakes) to be end of May/beginning of June where I will take my first $4,000 bonus and set 50% aside for coaching and add 50% to 2013's roll... Then for all bonuses after 50% will go to playing BR and 50% to next years BR.

I may take shots at NL100 should I start crushing - But I am not in any hurry, like I said and my roll for NL100 would have to be a minimum of 50 - 75 BI, before I even attempt it.

As for volume I will play 30 - 40 hours a week across 8/9 tables (depending on my monitor setup as I hope to be getting a 32" very soon when my mate upgrades his current to a 50".

So maybe this is nitty BRM to you, but for me it's a failsafe so that there is almost no way I can go bust during 2012.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Yeah I plan to start at NL25 - Move to NL50 then bank any profit made (after coaching) for a shot at SNE in 2013 where I will be once again getting coaching if I feel I need it.

I have committed myself to playing poker and trying to make it a decent income for the next two years - I am in no rush to get through the stakes, as long as I am making a profit.

I've rushed through before, and know how hard the crashes can be, and how it affects me. This way I can maintain a roll all year pretty easily and if the worst happens I can just deposit from my wages and be back on my way at NL25 or NL50.

I start on the 1st of Jan with a $1,250 roll, gold/platinum on stars, and playing NL25 I could (best outlook) be SN by April, but it looks to be more likely (if I haven't moved up stakes) to be end of May/beginning of June where I will take my first $4,000 bonus and set 50% aside for coaching and add 50% to 2013's roll... Then for all bonuses after 50% will go to playing BR and 50% to next years BR.

I may take shots at NL100 should I start crushing - But I am not in any hurry, like I said and my roll for NL100 would have to be a minimum of 50 - 75 BI, before I even attempt it.

As for volume I will play 30 - 40 hours a week across 8/9 tables (depending on my monitor setup as I hope to be getting a 32" very soon when my mate upgrades his current to a 50".

So maybe this is nitty BRM to you, but for me it's a failsafe so that there is almost no way I can go bust during 2012.
      Really like this plan Daniel. It's well thought out and includes the necessary failsafes.

I truly wish you every success :)
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Thank you Gary :)