[NL2-NL10] Nl5

• asterixobelix2012
      asterixobelix2012
      Bronze
      Ok, a short brief about the play. I just joined a room and it was my first hand. I sat in late position and didn't want to wait for the big blind so I posted blinds. I didn't have any idea about the players and the stats were obviously not available in that hand.

I was slow playing after a monster on flop. I was hoping that atleast one would play for a flush so that then I could re raise after they raise. I raised on the river but not too high fearing that they would fold or the button would fold and I wouldn't get money from him. Now my question is, should I have been more aggressive after the river or perhaps go all in or did I play right?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $3.51
      MP3:
      $4.55
      Hero:
      $5
      BU:
      $4.24

0.03/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:heart: , 4:diamond: . Hero posts a blind of $0.05.
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.05, Hero checks, BU calls $0.05, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.23) J:spade: , J:club: , 4:spade: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.23) T:spade: (4 players)
      BB bets $0.23, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.23, BU calls $0.23.

River: ($0.92) 3:spade: (3 players)
      BB bets $0.5, Hero raises to $1.00, BU calls $1.00, BB calls $0.50.

Final Pot: $3.92

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, jacks full of fours (Jh 4d)
      BU shows (As 3d)
      BB shows (Ks 6s)

Hero wins with a full-house, jacks full of fours (Jh 4d)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello asterixobelix2012,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Flop: I'd start betting right on flop and start to build up the pot.
      Turn: But otherwise I'd make a small raise on the turn, we wont get much value on the river anyways when the pot is so small.

As played
      River: You can easily even raise it bigger here, ~$2. :)

Best Regards.