NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.14)
      BB ($14.74)
      UTG ($6.20)
      UTG+1 ($2.30)
      CO ($1.48)
      Hero ($8.62)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:spade:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, BB raises to $0.55, fold, Hero calls $0.25

FLOP ($1.17) 7:diamond: A:heart: Q:heart:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.17) 7:diamond: A:heart: Q:heart: 4:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.75, BB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $0.75

RIVER ($4.17) 7:diamond: A:heart: Q:heart: 4:diamond: 3:spade:

[color=red]BB bets $1.55 Hero??

Ok, so the CO was a fish 43/7, not fully stacked so I raise big pre to iso & get max value from all his garbage & I get 3bet small by the BB 16/16/2.0 Agg/5.4 3b/143 hands. We are 170ish BB's deep
      I elect to just flat IP. I hit my set & he checks. I checked behind thinking that if he was 3 betting a polarised range then there would be some bluffs in there & I wanted to give him the chance to bet the turn.
      He checks the turn so I bet roughly 2/3 pot & he min check raises me. I just call, then on the river he tanks forever & bets 1/3 pot. Pot size is $4.17 I have $6.57 behind. Ship it??
  • 7 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Morris979

I wouldn't check the flop behind tbh.

He 3bets you so he is having a strong hand most of the times. But you beat AK,AQ. He's probably not on a FD or he must 3bet with KJh or something and I don't think he's going to do that OOP.

So I would bet the flop and he'll probably call you.

As played. Turn I sometimes consider a raise, but ok. And on river I wouldn't chip is because that would be a Huge AI. Just raise it.

Thats what I think.

Regards
      RasTweet
    • morris979
      morris979
      Bronze
      I think you're right about betting the flop. His range has a lot of Ax so I probably should just have bet for value. Thanks for your thoughts.
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Silver
      I can't seem to understand a reason as to why BB would min 3bet, misclick is my only presumption but flatting is okay, if stacks were shallower I prefer to get it in pre. Post flop I agree, leading is the best line mainly for value, on the turn I bet more, .90 or $1, for added protection.
      In terms of your isolation range I presume you're iso'ng a fair amount of hands especially on the button, so you'll be sometimes leading air with equity here, board depending.
      I check back top pair mid kicker here often and re-evaluate turn/river, or lead flop and check back turns. As played on the river I think it's a tougher decision than maybe it should be if you led flop / turn and shoved river, or got it in on the turn. You could argue that shoving isn't getting called often and he's block betting with a hand you crush, therefore shoving is folding out 98% of his range, which is why I prefer to lead flop and most turns to setup a pot size shove on river. It's actually a spot I've never come across because I've always taken the line of b/b/b.
      Apologies for not having a concrete answer as to what action you should take on the river, I know calling might sound really weak but you've underplayed your hand to the point where it's near impossible to get any value on the river.
    • morris979
      morris979
      Bronze
      I'm happy that I misplayed the flop and should have bet. What if I get raised? Are we getting it in there and then this deep?

Thanks for the replies.
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Silver
      Getting it in on the flop if raised is fine, same for the turn, adjusted my previous post due to relating his AF to 3bet, but same logic applies. There are probably 3 lines you should be focused on, 4betting pre which is definitely viable, villain might have seen you isolate the fish at every opportunity and is trying to take advantage of that, leading flop and eventually getting it in and thirdly you could flat a raise post flop and slightly underplay to get it in on the turn, latter is a bit overly complicated though and can put you in an uncomfortable spot depending on the turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello morris979,

Never-ever slowplay. We still need to protect our hand! Bet the flop and don't Check it behind. It's just horrible. :(

Otherwise why do you flat his raise on the turn? :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry: 3bet and go broke!

Best Regards.
    • morris979
      morris979
      Bronze
      Thanks for all the advice! Learning all the time. Just for the record as if I hadn't butchered the hand enough already, I went broke on the river and he called and guess what....... AA. Awesome.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.14)
      BB ($14.74)
      UTG ($6.20)
      UTG+1 ($2.30)
      CO ($1.48)
      Hero ($8.62)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:spade:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, BB raises to $0.55, fold, Hero calls $0.25

FLOP ($1.17) 7:diamond: A:heart: Q:heart:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.17) 7:diamond: A:heart: Q:heart: 4:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.75, BB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $0.75

RIVER ($4.17) 7:diamond: A:heart: Q:heart: 4:diamond: 3:spade:

BB bets $1.55, Hero raises to $6.57 (AI), BB calls $5.02

BB shows A:club: A:diamond:
      (Pre 82%, Flop 95.7%, Turn 97.7%)

Hero shows Q:club: Q:spade:
      (Pre 18%, Flop 4.3%, Turn 2.3%)

BB wins $16.46