$10.45
      BU:
      $9.85
      SB (Hero):
      $12.90
      BB:
      $8.96

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, BB calls $0.80, BU calls $0.60.

Flop: ($2.7) 3, 9, 5 (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BB folds, BU raises to $4.00, Hero calls $2.00.

Turn: ($10.7) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.00, Hero calls $3.00.

River: ($16.7) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU raises to $1.95, Hero calls $1.95.

Final Pot: $20.6.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, queens and threes(Q Q).
      BU shows a full-house, nines full of threes(9 9).

BU wins with a full-house, nines full of threes(9 9).

the x2 raise smelled really fishy. but at the same time his bets were small ish and i had an overpair. thought i might be ahead of some A9/AK/TT/JJ or something.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

I'd just Bet/Fold it right on the flop, I don't really see many hands what we beat and he got really good odds preflop for set mining. Kinda overplayed your overpair. :(

Also if he is fishy then 3bet it bigger preflop. ;)

Best Regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey veriz thanks for the feedback. i think i did get a little carried away with the hand which is bad since im currently trying to break my way into nl10...

Originally posted by veriz
      I'd just Bet/Fold it right on the flop, I don't really see many hands what we beat and he got really good odds preflop for set mining.
      so you bet/fold the flop because most of the time here we are beat, but the board is so dry so we are more likely to be behind against a monster rather than a draw. if the board had 2 to 3 cards to a flush/2 to 3 cards to a straight/2 to 3 cards to a straight and to a flush........... do you consider calling or do you raise for protection? or do you still just fold and assume to be behind? it is very possible they raise you with a flush/straight draw but they also still play that way with a set! im talking generally here and regardless of reads because obviously i'm just trying to play ABC and often find myself up against unknown players.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      hey veriz thanks for the feedback. i think i did get a little carried away with the hand which is bad since im currently trying to break my way into nl10...

Originally posted by veriz
      I'd just Bet/Fold it right on the flop, I don't really see many hands what we beat and he got really good odds preflop for set mining.
      so you bet/fold the flop because most of the time here we are beat, but the board is so dry so we are more likely to be behind against a monster rather than a draw. if the board had 2 to 3 cards to a flush/2 to 3 cards to a straight/2 to 3 cards to a straight and to a flush........... do you consider calling or do you raise for protection? or do you still just fold and assume to be behind? it is very possible they raise you with a flush/straight draw but they also still play that way with a set! im talking generally here and regardless of reads because obviously i'm just trying to play ABC and often find myself up against unknown players.
      Well, the problem is that it's dry. But there ain't gonna be many hands what we beat either. :( It's still a 3bet pot and we did show aggression preflop, don't forget that.