winning %

• thejugador
      thejugador
      Bronze
      does anyone know the stats for 6 handed of the % a certain hand will win after a very large amount of hands,1 million or so,
      for example:
      a A high flush will win xx% of the time
      a straight will win xx% of the time,
      just wondering this info.
  • 7 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I suggest you to use PokerStrategy Equilator...u will get all information there....
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey thejugador and welcome!

Good to have you around, thanks for your post!

As Alan mentioned, Equilab Omaha is the best place to start, here you can create scenarios to calculate how certain hands and ranges perform against others.

The percentage an A high and straight flush will win is very high of course, as the absolute hand strength is very high.

To determine a win %, we need to look at hand strength relative to our opponents range, which is defined by the actions he takes.

Ace high flushes will lose to the following hands:

Straight flushes
      Royal Flush
      Full Houses
      Quads

A Straight Flush will only lose to a higher one or a Royal Flush.

Using Equilab, against a random range, assuming we flop the low straight flush. Our opponent has exactly 1/1326 combos that beat us, which is 6 :diamond: 7 :diamond: .

In this, we lose 0.52% of the time; we are a 99.48% favourite. Example scenario below:

If we change our 3 :diamond: to A :diamond: , we are 97.33% to win, and our opponent is 2.67% to win. See below:

All in all, if you have the nut flush or the straight flush, you are pretty happy to get your money in and take this to showdown. Also bear in mind the board runout, of course it's not possible to lose against a straight flush unless one came in by the river, so be weary of this in accordance with your opponents aggression, and you should be fine with these hands a very high percentage of the time.

I hope this helps & let us know if you have any more questions!

-E
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Well i mentioned and thejugador asked but it doesnt make any difference:) )
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      Well i mentioned and thejugador asked but it doesnt make any differencesmile )
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heave112
      hi Heave112,

what did you mean to say here? i'm afraid i don't get it.

regards.
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      I dont see why you would want this information? Rough guess is around the 95%+ mark?
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heave112
      hi Heave112,

i think it is best to inform you that posts like the one you have made here do not count towards fulfilling the staking requirements. the purpose of the 300 posts is for the community to be able to get to know you and not to encourage spamming. i trust you understand.

regards,
      purplefizz