[NL2-NL10] nl2 possible he has an Ace trips?

• Belemeth
      Belemeth
      Bronze
      only have 9 hands against villian..
      33.3/0/0
      VPIP/PR/AFq

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP+1: $1.54
      LP: $2.90
      CO: $8.00
      BTN: $0.97
      SB: $1.60
      BB: $1.64
      UTG: $1.97
      Hero (UTG+1): $1.12
      MP: $1.82

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has K:club: K:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.10, MP calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.09, fold

Flop: ($0.32, 3 players) A:spade: 6:heart: 2:heart:
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($0.32, 3 players) 7:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, MP calls $0.10, fold

River: ($0.52, 2 players) 2:spade:
      Hero bets $0.12, MP raises to $0.78, Hero ??

---------------------
      is it possible he had aces or even a 2?
      What is the right move? was my betting pattern alright?
  • 2 replies
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      I wouldn't focus too much on villains stats, due to sample but I presume this is in the wrong section due to MSS stack size, I'll evaluate it though anyway. Pre flop 4x as a standard is more than enough, post flop I prefer cbetting, you're pre flop aggressor and in theory, an ace is definitely in your range. If raised it's a fold and if called you can pot control the turn and get to showdown cheaper. As played I think if you're betting the turn you should bet the flop, and the problem with checking the flop is that you can't really assign an appropriate range, but once called on the turn and raised on the river it's a clear fold. But the optimal line I feel is cbet flop, pot control turn and consider betting some rivers but checking is fine (opponent depending).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Belemeth,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Add to full stack if playing BSS.

About the play I don't like that much the Bet size on the turn, most likely I'd bet it ~$0,20 and then most likely just Check/Fold it on the river since I doubt that there is a lot worse hands which Bet anyways there. But obviously as even played we fold to the raise. :)

Best Regards.