The PokerStrategy.com Advent Calendar

• pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      A personal look at the coaches, freelancers, staff and most importantly members that have made PokerStrategy.com the most fun place to be around in 2011.

Of course we have hundreds of hero's so don't be offended if I've missed you out..

• 166 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach

Roopopper

PokerStrategy.com's best dancer kicks off this years advent calendar. Known by all, loved by all Roo brings fantastic energy to the forum.

Currently crushing NL2 Roo is notorious for trying to own opponents with the old 72o. Follow his progress HERE. Hopefully he runs well in 2012 and we can see him back at the PokerHeaven championships in 2012.

• pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach

jbpatzer

Following on from the "Roo-Bot" is everybodies favourite Maths Professor - jbpatzer.

He may come across as an ordinary kinda guy...

"Things I like to do
      i) Keep my wife happy
      ii) Play with kids (but not as often as they want me too)
      iii) Poker!
      iv) Chess
      vi) Read
      vii) Listen to music (Porcupine Tree are the best band in the world! Saw them in Wolverhampton last year, and it was both the best gig I've ever been to, and I've been to a few, and the nearest I'm ever likely to get to a religious experience. Any other fans out there?)
      viii) Watch movies
      ix) See friends"

but anybody who has followed the 203 pages of his BLOG will know that he is a very special gentleman who cares for the community as much as anybody as acts as a father figure and role model for all of our younger members.

Have a good one gramps! :s_cool:
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1

Following on from the "Roo-Bot" is everybodies favourite Maths Professor - jbpatzer.
      Lol @ 'everybodies'.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Fame at last, JB. Not sure whether you wanted to be known for being 'Gramps', but I guess the adoration of the masses has its price. ;)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Although JB is on the advent calendar for being the oldest member this does not mean he will receive a Christmas card from myself!

edit: In all seriousness, although I don't know JB personally I follow his blog relentlessly and not only is it a fantastic read he also comes off very well.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Although JB is on the advent calendar for being the oldest member this does not mean he will receive a Christmas card from myself!
      He is not bothered since in UK it's tradition for very old people to receive a card from none other than the Queen.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      He is not bothered since in UK it's tradition for very old people to receive a card from none other than the Queen.
      It's already in my diary for 2066.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      It already happened 2006.
      FYP.
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      It already happened 2006.
      FYP.
      :) Success
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Where is number 3? guess it don't count when its the weekend :D these mods are lightweights :f_biggrin:
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach

Not so quick Mr Popper.

Coming in at numero three is one of our "light-weight" moderators, Richard "Fruktpuff" Lundstrom (with a funny o)

A self confessed perfectionist, Richard really does have PokerStrategy.com at the front of both his heart and brain. Since becoming a moderator in July, Richard has done a quiet yet superb job of looking after the forum. As we all know in 2011 we have had some troubles in our staking forum, but together with Thazar and SteveGold, Richard has made the staking forum a safer place to invest.

Unfortunately although I am sure Richard will be delighted to be part of the "2011 Xmas 25" today was a dissapointment for our Latvian based moderator.

Rich sold shares HERE for the Riga open. Numerous members showed faith in him and bought a % of his action. After day1a, Rich was in the top 6 stacks. Coming back today Rich grinded like an absolute hero and was around average stack with 41 players left (39 getting paid) With a raise in front of him, Rich found the pocket cowboys and ofc "shipped it all in", his opponent was pot commited and called with AQ. Unfortunately Rich couldn't win the 70/30 and went out as bubble boy of the bubble boy.

He will be playing the Latvian championship next week and I have a sneeky little feeling he's gonna do just ok :s_cool: :s_cool: :s_cool:
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      [x] This is a good thread :)
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Hahahaha exactly the same happened to me on Friday, Cowboys < AQ to be the bubble boy of the bubble boy :f_biggrin: Fortunately mine was a $6 tournament, unfortunately for him his was not.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach

Coming in as our first Sunday chocolate of the month is somebody who I have never heard anybody say anything negative about.

Supeyrio

One of our most loyal members, Mr Niceness is always there with help whether it be strategical or psychological advice to members in the blog section and hand evaluation forums.

Although Rio has been pwning the tables in 2011, I am aware that he will be travelling for large parts of 2012. He has told me he will still be active at the tables and will hopefully get that black member badge that he has spoke about in his BLOG

At the start of 2011 he spoke in RRRR that he wanted to achieve the following:

• plan to hit BM, 70% to go
      • plan to travel alot from june onwards, asia first. will be cool to meet up some pokerstrategist.
      • plan to make lots of $ in poker
      • plan to invest lots of $ outside poker

Hopefully he will keep us updated and let us know how his targets for 2011 went and what he plans to conquer in 2012.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach

There's been a recent trend on twitter recently - #lovethegame. Today's addition to the advent calendar should have this as his Facebook status, Myspace signature and Bebo slogan as he does indeed #lovethegame.

Dublimax

A Frenchman living in Dublin has been a big part of PokerStrategy.com in 2011. Max can be found most days in the hand evaluation forums trying to improve his game. Currently playing NL100 and taking regular shots at NL200 he enjoys the theoretical part of the game as much as anybody I have ever met.

He has spoke recently in his BLOG that he has booked coaching sessions with Black Member TwiceT so we can expect his progression to continue in and beyond 2012.

It's been a pleasure having you around this year Max.

#Lovethegame
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach

He's the man with a plan. The fool with the tools. Based in Gibraltar and sitting less than 3 feet from me it is our very own DtotheC

After Black Friday many people were stuck about where to play, people didn't have much knowledge about some of the European rooms that we offer.. Up stepped David.

The Choosing the right poker room for you thread was created and DtotheC has helped many people choose which rooms to play at. He takes into account what limits they play, how much volume they put in and how many tables they like to play at a time. If you haven't seen the thread yet, go check it out!

David has started learning poker himself in 2011 and from starting as an absolute beginner in February he has come on leaps and bounds and crushes both 6max and SNG tables alike. Tomorrow night is the staff poker night and we'll all have to watch out for him.
    • DtotheC
      DtotheC
      Headadmin
      Headadmin

Tomorrow night is the staff poker night and we'll all have to watch out for him.
      Staff poker night vs Pleno1, Cornie4ever, JoeNote, SoyCD and more. I suspect my tactic will be shiiiip it in....every hand, at FL. Just how I roll!

Great pic there :D Honoured to be included :)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach

A colorful number for a colourful character.

Today's addition ot the Pokerstrategy.com advent calendar is.....drum roll...

Vonki

I think everybody in the community will agree she is the most improved member of the year. When it comes to actually PLAYING poker. Although she was steadily beating smaller stakes in January/February, with the introduction of a new coach and a fantastic new mindset she is absolutely crushing the small/mid stakes games.

Seemingly winning $1000+ every month now, "4 vig Vonki" recently made a video series - Pink Performance - with Black Member TwiceT about her transition from a micro stakes to a small stakes player.

She also documents her progress in her fantastic BLOGwhere she is not affraid to hold back anything. She has told followers how she plans to move to Brazil next year and continue her crusade through the mid stakes and who knows this time next year she may be taking on TwiceT and TheLastNail at the nosebleeds!

Grats to the first girl in the 2011 PS.com advent calendar!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      :heart: