Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $8.56
      Hero:
      $5.94

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.45, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.97) 9:club: , 7:club: , 4:club: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.5, MP3 calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.97) J:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.4, Hero raises to $1.34, MP3 calls $0.94.

River: ($4.65) 4:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.6, Hero raises to $1.56, MP3 calls $0.96.

Final Pot: $7.77

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows a full-house, jacks full of fours (Jh Jc)
      Hero shows (Qh Qd)

MP3 wins with a full-house, jacks full of fours (Jh Jc)

Confused in this hand. Maybe c/c turn and river or c/r turn as played and then just c/c such a small bet on river would be better?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cheekopeh,

Preflop: Rather make it 4x and not give him good odds for set mining.
      Postflop: Why do you raise the turn? Rather take pot control there and not isolate against stronger hands. You will hardly get much value here, against even pair+draw you are not doing so good. Don't really like your play here so much. Neither with your raise you don't accomplish what you really looking for, which would be to get value from draws and not give good odds. Of course he is a loose player but it doesn't mean that we can always go for such huge value spot here. Since we will hardly know what to do if he 3bets you on the turn. :)

Best Regards.
    • cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      In my mind, I had him on the FD so I wanted to protect. But now I see my equity against FD + pair or even FD+overs.

Thanks!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cheekopeh
      In my mind, I had him on the FD so I wanted to protect. But now I see my equity against FD + pair or even FD+overs.

Thanks!
      Well, then I'd ask you why did you Bet so small on the flop? That doesn't look like protection Bet while you gave the opponent 3:1 odds which is almost FD odds. :)
    • cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      As you can see I had over 200 hands on him and I marked him as a fish. I also see in the past he is capable of calling down with weak holdings thus decided to bet bet bet if the 4th club did not show. I got greedy and wanted to lure him in with a bet like that :tongue:

But now I actually see I have a huge leak with my bet sizes and how I played the turn and river so badly as I could have already been drawing dead. Now I feel like the :f_mad: instead. X(
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cheekopeh
      As you can see I had over 200 hands on him and I marked him as a fish. I also see in the past he is capable of calling down with weak holdings thus decided to bet bet bet if the 4th club did not show. I got greedy and wanted to lure him in with a bet like that :tongue:

But now I actually see I have a huge leak with my bet sizes and how I played the turn and river so badly as I could have already been drawing dead. Now I feel like the :f_mad: instead. X(
      That's why the forums are for. :)