Hello from an newbie and i have played for 8 years

• sucker1952
      sucker1952
      Bronze
      Hi All

New to all of this forum and discussion business but i thought it may help.

I started playing online poker 8-9 years ago from watching a friend of mine win £500 in 1 hour at a time where you wait for pocket aces and push and you get called almost all the time or raise big with AK if you miss give up and hit go all in :) oh the days

I never learned any theory and just plyed off feel. I have been a breakeven player winning over the years and then slowly losing more than i win. I had no BRM and gave up playing 2 years ago but i love the game and so i gave it another shot and promised to stick to strict guidlines. I am currently playing $10nl on pokerstars.

I have built my roll upto $750 and i have another $100 in bonuses i can add to the roll.

I play ss sytems as i am unconfident in deep stack scenarios so i play mainly math and take into account HU displays. I have a few plays but i want to move into FS and also have the confidence to move upto $25nl

Anyone been in my position and have any advice or can you point me in the direction of any videos or articles that helped you.

Thanks

Dan
  • 3 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi Dan,

welcome to our forum! wow your first post and already silver, where have you been hiding?

if you want to make the transition from SSS to BSS, you might want to have a look at our beginner's course (link in my sig) where you will be guided by a coach as you go through the must read articles/vids.

i went through the same thing myself (but 3 years ago). i dont really remember the details anymore, but i recall that quite some adjustments were needed. in the end, the more hands you play, the more comfortable you will be. you can take a look in the early parts of my blog (warning: only if you are willing to brave the amount of spam in there) :D

good luck in your journey, let us know how you get on.

smiles,
      wendy
    • sucker1952
      sucker1952
      Bronze
      Thanks Wendy

Having a look now

x
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello and welcome :D